Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    oh man, i didnt know it had a CCD problem. Canon fixes bad CCDs for free.

If you go to the canon USA site they have a recal notice on all the cameras that are defective and they repair them free of charge!

You told me it was dead you didnt mention anything about the purple frenge thing. They even pay for shipping!
    My camera gear Found on e-bay.

Really? Well, it's out of warranty and it completely died, so it doesn't really matter anymore. Do you think I could put it back together and get them to fix it?
    --Jabber

Canon S2 IS
    52mm Lensmate adapter
    52mm Hoya UV filter

Well i didnt know it had the purple CCD thing and thats one of the problems they fix free. The A70 and other cameras are more common but there are a few A60s that did it too. The only thing you can do is try

Ill find you a link

article http://www.letsgodigital.org/en/news...tory_4732.html

canon support

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/co...categoryid=203

e-mail carecenter@cits.canon.com

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/co...1&modelid=8774

Do you have any images you took when it had the purple straks thing? send them in the e-mail when you contact them.
    Last edited by BowerR64; 06-16-2006 at 09:06 AM.

"A problem has been discovered in some of the CCDs (Charge Coupled Devices) used in Canon USA and Asia digital camera and digital video camera products that causes images to appear distorted or not to appear at all."

I had the problem where images did not appear at all. I turned it sideways, the LCD went all purple, and all pictures I took were purple. The fix was to turn it off and then on. However, I deleted all these because I thought they were useless. Then, a few months later, the camera worked again. Once more, it started to display a little purple but then almost immediately broke. So now, I have no proof. Will they accept a bag of parts or do I need to put it together?

EDIT: "Effective immediately, and regardless of warranty status, Canon will repair, free of charge, products exhibiting the above-mentioned malfunction if the malfunction is caused by the CCD image sensor. Canon will also cover the cost of shipping and handling in connection with this repair." I voided the warranty by opening the camera, but they should still fix it, right? I'm emailing them right now.
    --Jabber

Canon S2 IS
    52mm Lensmate adapter
    52mm Hoya UV filter

Here's what I'm sending Canon:

I have a Canon PowerShot A60 and it started to exhibit the symptoms listed at: http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/co...1&modelid=8774

Every time I turned the camera vertically, the CCD would turn completely purple and only turning the camera off and on again would fix the problem. However, a few months later, it started working again for a bit, but then a little purple appeared. Soon after, the camera stop working while in playback mode with the lens not retracted. Thinking it was a blown fuse, I tried to fix the problem. The warranty was already over so I took apart the camera. The fuse was not the problem. Then I learned that Canon will fix it for free regardless of warranty status.

My question then is, if I send you my deconstructed camera (including all original screws and pieces), will you fix the CCD (and possibly the camera itself), or do I have to try to put it back together?

Thank you,
    [insert full name here]
    --Jabber

Canon S2 IS
    52mm Lensmate adapter
    52mm Hoya UV filter

I got an automated response. Figures.

I'll just try to put it back together and then send it in.
    --Jabber

Canon S2 IS
    52mm Lensmate adapter
    52mm Hoya UV filter

Thats what i would do. Even if it cost you $5. for you to ship it yourself, its worth a shot because thats a good little camera.

I can't put it together again. I tried, but, because I thought I would never be able to fix it, I took it apart a little more than I should have. It's okay - I have an S2 and, while a spare would be nice, I don't necessarily use it. Plus, my A60 breaking was a perfect excuse for me to get the S2!
    --Jabber

Canon S2 IS
    52mm Lensmate adapter
    52mm Hoya UV filter

A75 don't start

Hi everyone

Is dead. Anyhow, it drains from a DC sorce at 4,3V 150mA for about 5-10 sec (start time I presume). No noise, no lights.

I tried (a litle too hard) to open and finaly i opened the backpart of the a75 (2 screws are still on the bottom of the battery compartment), but i can'n see any fuse contacts.

Any constructive ideeas?

Thank You
    Paul
    Attached Images Attached Images      

kees Guest

Canon Powershot A85 does not power up

My Powershot A85 does not power up any longer. Getting my 2 year old camera repaired by Canon costs as much as a new camera. This thread appears to apply to the Powershot A75 and not the Powershot A85.

Can anyone share a drawing or pictures of the A85 internals showing the location of the fuse ?