Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    megb6806 Guest

Smile Canon powershot A85 spare part needed!!!

Does anyone has a Canon Powershot A85 that I could use as spare parts. My camera has a broken flexible wide lead (flexible printed circuitry in the rear of the camera), Let me know how much you want and we could make a deal.

thanks

6-cent$ Guest

I have a broken A85 perfect for parts!!!

I'm hoping you still have yours, mine lived it's life as a display model. It doesn't power on but is in pretty good condition. The only thing wrong with it is that it doesn't power on. I'l sell it for 35 plus shipping. If you want i'l also throw in a 64 mb compact flash card. Let me know!

Dang thats a steal of a deal. There is a fuse in the powersupply that blows. Its right on the corner in the supply. Ive repaired a few with a blown fuse.

It sometimes blows for no reason. Ive had one pop and i wasnt even doing anything.

turbozutek Guest
    Hey all!

I'm looking for a replacment part for my A85 - the automatic 'lens cover' parts. The two 'fingers' and springs on mine have flown apart and gotten lost after the front trim part of the lens piece of camera fell off.

The mounting and lens itself is perfect - I just need these parts.

Chris...

Quote Originally Posted by BowerR64
    Dang thats a steal of a deal. There is a fuse in the powersupply that blows. Its right on the corner in the supply. Ive repaired a few with a blown fuse.

It sometimes blows for no reason. Ive had one pop and i wasnt even doing anything.
    I have an old A60 that won't turn on - I think that may have a blown fuse, too. How do you fix it? I was planning to do this today, thinking that it might be an E18 error (although the LCD doesn't display E18), but I'll wait until I hear back from you about the blown fuse.

Its on the bottom of the powerboard. You might be able to change it or check it just by taking the covers off.

There is 10 screws on the camera to take the cover off. 3 on the bottom, 2 in the USB port, 3 in the batty door and 2 in the memory door. When you get those off then you can see the bottom powerboard and its on the corner. Check it with a volt meter you can get and walmart or radio shack.

There can be a few other things that can keep it from powering up but check this fuse first.
    My camera gear Found on e-bay.

Quote Originally Posted by BowerR64
    Its on the bottom of the powerboard. You might be able to change it or check it just by taking the covers off.

There is 10 screws on the camera to take the cover off. 3 on the bottom, 2 in the USB port, 3 in the batty door and 2 in the memory door. When you get those off then you can see the bottom powerboard and its on the corner. Check it with a volt meter you can get and walmart or radio shack.

There can be a few other things that can keep it from powering up but check this fuse first.
    Okay, I found eleven screws (four in the battery door, not three) and the whole back came off. I can see the LCD and a bunch of orange tape (presumable full of wires), but I don't see the "bottom powerboard." How do I get to this? (I already tried removing some additional screws to try to get the bottom off, but that didn't work.)

Thanks for your help so far!
    --Jabber

Canon S2 IS
    52mm Lensmate adapter
    52mm Hoya UV filter

Yea there is an extra one in the battery compartment but you dont have to remove that one to get it open. Its part of the frame.

The fuse is on the bottom corner you should see it when you get the case open.

Now what do I do?
    --Jabber

Canon S2 IS
    52mm Lensmate adapter
    52mm Hoya UV filter

There is a little button on the front of the camera, you push that and turn the little ring around the lens then you can pull the front off.

You need to get in there and measure that componet. Use the continuity mode, on the meter and test that. There are 2 copper pads you touch with the probes on your meter to check if the fuse is still good.

Also, watch out for those 2 solder point on the top of the flash cap. Ive touched them a few times and it bites your butt good if your not expecting it. It will scare you more then hurt but it just sucks so i wanted to warn you of it. Yours looks prettty exsposed so be careful!