Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Hybrid View

Webshop that ships to Europe?

Hi!

I'm about to buy a panasonic FZ20. In Sweden, where I live, the lowest price I can find is about 770USD. The lowest I've found in the states is 482USD. As this is quite a difference I thought I might try to order it from over there.

Can anyone tell me about a good webshop that ships overseas?

Thanks...

//Tokmas, Sweden

Formerly South Wales. Now South Carolina.
    Quote Originally Posted by tokmas
    Hi!

I'm about to buy a panasonic FZ20. In Sweden, where I live, the lowest price I can find is about 770USD. The lowest I've found in the states is 482USD. As this is quite a difference I thought I might try to order it from over there.

Can anyone tell me about a good webshop that ships overseas?

Thanks...

//Tokmas, Sweden
    Try www.7dayshop.com. It's based in Guernsey (a UK channel Island). For 770 USD you could pretty well fly to Britain, buy it and fly back!

re: 7dayshop.com

they don't have it...

Formerly South Wales. Now South Carolina.
    they don't have it...
    These people have it but they're expensive.

jessops

These places also have it but... I've not done business with any of them. The lowest price is about GBP 150 lower than Jessops however.

Other places

Smile Try the EU

Hi! I'm about to buy a panasonic FZ20. In Sweden, where I live, the lowest price I can find is about 770USD. The lowest I've found in the states is 482USD. As this is quite a difference I thought I might try to order it from over there. Can anyone tell me about a good webshop that ships overseas? Tokmas, Sweden
    How about this? Sweden is a member of the EU so there will be no import duties etc., if you were to order from any of the on-line stores in other EU countries that would be prepared to ship to you.

The slight problem will be adapting the supplied electrical cables to your local system. For instance, here in the UK our plugtops are different from everywhere else I've ever been so if you ordered from a supplier here, you'd get the local type of connector! But it's a problem that's easily solved.

Another consideration for you. If you buy from the EU your guarantee should be pan-European at the very worst and if I've got it right, Panasonic's own, under EU law, has got to be world-wide. Buying from the States MIGHT be slightly more risky in that direction and in any case, if anything did go wrong, you've got a heck of round trip for the camera to get it back to where it was purchased.

It's up to you - just as long as you're aware of the pros and cons of what you decide is best.
    Last edited by judge9847; 10-27-2004 at 06:18 AM.
    Bob Patterson