Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Too good to be true??

PriceMad.com has a Fuji S7000 for $379 Refurbished. Anyone have an opinion on this site and refurbished cameras in general?

http://www.pricemad.com/productdetai...productid=2414
    Last edited by JRodriguez315; 10-26-2004 at 07:42 AM.

Formerly South Wales. Now South Carolina.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRodriguez315
    PriceMad.com has a Fuji S7000 for $379 Refurbished. Anyone have an opinion on this site and refurbished cameras in general?

http://www.pricemad.com/productdetai...productid=2414
    My experience of secondhand is: buy secondhand and buy trouble. Never buy secondhand electronics. Let some other cretin do that.

Refurbished versus Second hand

I couldn't agree more that second hand is buying a pig in a poke. But my experience with refurbs is a horse of a different color. We have purchased several refurbished digicams directly from Olympus and Nikon and have been happy with all of them. In my opinion the only downside to buying refurbs is that they usually come with a 90 warranty as opposed to the 1 year warranty given with new equipment.

Refurbished

This is what they say on the site about this item:

"This product has been reconditioned by the manufacture to meet all of the original specifications and has been tested to be in perfect working order this product has a manufacture warranty and has no cosmetic blemishes. "

Do you think this is a safe buy?

Formerly South Wales. Now South Carolina.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRodriguez315
    This is what they say on the site about this item:

"This product has been reconditioned by the manufacture to meet all of the original specifications and has been tested to be in perfect working order this product has a manufacture warranty and has no cosmetic blemishes. "

Do you think this is a safe buy?
    I still wouldn't buy secondhand electronics. They're only worth paying for if they're new. If they're secondhand then I, personally, wouldn't pay more than 1% of the original value for them as they're probably going to go phut soon - no matter what the label says. Again, personal experience says secondhand is expensive trashcan filler.