Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

A95,G6,Easyshare DX7590,??

I am looking to buy one of the listed cameras very soon and cannot decide. I pretty much am always taking pictures with friends vacation, scenery, basicly just a camera that can take great quality pictures around 5 mega pixels. If anyone has any advice on what to do or any other models that they know are good. Please let me know. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Camera decision

Hi there. I recently bought a new digital camera. I had my choiced down to the Minolta Dimage Z2 or Z3, the Kodak DX7590 or the Panasonic FZ20. I went with the Panasonic. Have you considered this camera at all? If you go see it in the store and can compare it side by side to the Kodak you will see the difference. Not only in quality of pics, but in feel and look. The Kodak has such small buttons and an unnecessarily large LCD. It's LCD takes up so much space on the camera that there is really no where to hang on to it.

Anyway, the Panasonic also has an image stabilizer to help with when you go out to full zoom. Read some of the reviews, look at some of the posts here, and feel the Panasonic FZ20 in the store for yourself. I think you might add it to your list of options. It's definately worth the few extra bucks. It's also totally upgradeable in the future. You can purchase additional lenses which will be cheaper than buying another camera in the future.

Hope this helped. Good luck.

-Lee Ann

Thanks

Ya I went to the Ritz camera shop in the mall near my house and the fz20 seemed very nice I think I might give it a try. It is a bit more expensive anyone know where I can find the best price on the Fz20?

Where to buy

I got mine from www.BugDig.com. It was $524.99 free shipping. I upgraded my shipping to 3-5 day shipping for only $8.00. That makes the price of the camera pretty much the same as the Koday DX7590 if you were to buy the Kodak in the store, 'cuz you'd have to pay tax on top of the $500 in the store.

Hope that helped.

-Lee Ann

CC also good buy

If you buy in circuit City they have different promotions.
    This week (Oct 26, 2004), you can order from website for US $ 540 and you get camera bag/ battery as mail in rebate. You have to pay tax as it is brick/mortar. But the deal is pretty good compared to online stores.