Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Fuji S55000(s51000)

Hello,

Just wondering what people think about this camera? How does it compare to other models such as the Canon Si and the panasonic FZ3?

What are the shutter speeds of the Fuji? Does it have full manual controls?Also i cant seem to find any review so any help would be great!

Jess

Re: Fuji S55000(s51000)

Quote Originally Posted by JessAdams1984
    Hello,

Just wondering what people think about this camera? How does it compare to other models such as the Canon Si and the panasonic FZ3?

What are the shutter speeds of the Fuji? Does it have full manual controls?Also i cant seem to find any review so any help would be great!

Jess
    Steves Digicams has a review of the S5100; it may be that you're looking for the wrong-numbered camera. Check it out. How does it compare to the FZ3? It has another MP, a shorter zoom range, a slightly slower lens, runs on AA batteries, can make VGA-quality movies with sound, and has no IS system.
    Let a be your umbrella!

a review

Quote Originally Posted by JessAdams1984
    Hello,

Jess
    Jeff has the S5100 on his schedule for review in October, so stay tuned. It shouldn't be long. In the meantime, look at the review John mentioned at Steve's. There are also sample shots from the S5100 here at DCResource. You can click this link to view them:
    http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/fu.../gallery.shtml

Also, the S5100 has a manual focus option, whereas the FZ-3 does not. It is not a manual focus ring though, so I don't know what it is like to use. The S5100 is a bit heavier and the storage media it uses is more expensive than the FZ-3.

You can do a side by side comparison of the specs on all three cams by clicking this link:
    http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/compare.php
    I am pretty sure dpreview.com has this feature on their site as well.

PixChick