Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    That last picture doesnt look like the CCD, that looks liek somthign else. The CCD problem is a black screen or purple streaks like the first one.

JPC Guest

Same problem here.

I have the Canon PowerShot S1 IS and last week while taking pictures I got the same black screen with streaks of light coming from the right. I still have it. I called Canon and explained the problem and they didn't have any clue except to say a sensor is out and send it to Elk Grove Village IL. Is there a recall on these cameras?

Exclamation Another Canon powershot S1-SI CCD problem

My one and a half year Canon powershot S1-SI has the same CCD problem as reported here: the purple smears. I was living in South India, took the camera out of the cupboard after not using it for a month (no dropping etc!!) and: only purple smears visable. LCD etc ok.
    In Holland (were I bought it) the S1-IS is not yet on the free repair list for the Canon CCD problem.
    If they are going to charge me the 175 Euro normal repair costs I will freak out!!! Canon be ware of your customers!!

Angry Canon ignores CCD problem and customer

I took my non-working 1 1/2 year old Canon powershot S1-IS to the official repair centre here in Holland yesterday.......
    Canon simple denies there is a problem with the powershot S1-IS!!!!! They did publish a list of about 20 other models with the same CCD problem, but the S1 is not on it...
    Keep on denying Canon; I can only advise anybody NOT to buy any Canon product. Go for Nikon, Samsung, Trust, anything else.

cvb Guest

Angry my canon s1 IS has the same problem

In Taiwan,several cases also showed this problem, too....CCD malfunction.
    Of course also mine.

sapple Guest

Angry My S1 IS has the same problem now.

I found my S1 IS took scrap picture yesterday. I cannot believe that. I always take the camara with care. The video on the LCD looks fine. I tryed lower resolution, it did not work. Then I tryed the movie function, it is OK. It's seems the problem appears only on the picture took by the camara funtion. The LCD's preview display was OK, and movie recording function worked properly too. I don't think the problem is the CCD's problem. But I don't know many about CCD, I am not sure.

swq
    from China.

S1 CCD Problem

Guys... I do have the same CCD problem with my Canon S1 IS after almost 3 years shotting... it was more than 4000 pics. I'm from south Brazil and it has been to cold and humid over here latelly... even the zipper from the bag I carry the camera got oxidated. I think we should make some pressure at Canon, they have to repair this cameras for free.. I mean, it's one or two cameras with the same problems... lots of people worldwide are complaining about the same problem. If anyone had a free solution for this, please let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by bassfu View Post
    Guys... I do have the same CCD problem with my Canon S1 IS after almost 3 years shotting... it was more than 4000 pics. I'm from south Brazil and it has been to cold and humid over here latelly... even the zipper from the bag I carry the camera got oxidated. I think we should make some pressure at Canon, they have to repair this cameras for free.. I mean, it's one or two cameras with the same problems... lots of people worldwide are complaining about the same problem. If anyone had a free solution for this, please let us know.
    newest update:
    http://www.canon-asia.com/index.jsp?...enomena_notice

S1 IS is now on the list, along with:
    PowerShot A40
    PowerShot A80
    PowerShot A85
    PowerShot A95
    PowerShot S1 IS
    PowerShot S60
    Digital IXUS V2
    Digital IXUS 330
    Digital IXUS 400
    Digital IXUS 430
    Digital IXUS 500

Thanks, mate.

Mate, that's a real good notice... Thanks so much.. it's really good to have this baby back on work... Cheers.

It almost seems as if other countrys have different regulations or somthing. It seems only canon USA has admit to the problem and agree to repairs.
    My camera gear Found on e-bay.