Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Ronly Guest

Question Nikon D50 Error Messages

I just bought the D50 and had great results for a day, then Error messages started appearing occasionally on the display. When the error message appeared, the digital image was very underexposed even though I took the picture in normal daylight. The manual suggested taking a few more pictures and if that did not fix the problem, to call tech support. It worked, but problem came back a day later. Not happy about this event.
    Question 1: Did anyone run into such problems and what was the solution? (This is a new camera, so I can exchange it.)

Question 2: Are the any good Nikon Digital Camera aftermarket manuals?

Ronly with Spurious Errors

No Error message on my D50 so far.

I guess you should exchange it. My D50 is almost eight months old and I've never had the problem you've described before.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronly
    I just bought the D50 and had great results for a day, then Error messages started appearing occasionally on the display. When the error message appeared, the digital image was very underexposed even though I took the picture in normal daylight. The manual suggested taking a few more pictures and if that did not fix the problem, to call tech support. It worked, but problem came back a day later. Not happy about this event.
    Question 1: Did anyone run into such problems and what was the solution? (This is a new camera, so I can exchange it.)

Question 2: Are the any good Nikon Digital Camera aftermarket manuals?

Ronly with Spurious Errors
    A little more information please.

What error messages?

Which lens?

What modes? Automatic. Aperture priority. Shutter priority.. etc.

Auto ISO on or off?

Any other settings that you can supply...
    D7000, D70, CP990, CP900, FE.
    50mm f/1.8, Sigma 18-125, Sigma 24-70 f/2.8, Nikon 18-105 VR, Nikon 55-200 VR, Nikon 43-86 f/3.5 AiS, Vivitar 28-90 F/2.8-3.5 Macro, Vivitar 75-205 F/3.8-4.8, SB800.
    Ha! See, I can change...

http://d70fan.smugmug.com/

The only Error message on a D50 is a blinking Err
    According to the owners manual this message indicates a "camera malfunction" and if it persists you should take the camera back to Nikon.