Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sports Shots

Great choice of thread! I love sports photos but am very much in the learner phase at taking them, only just discovered my camera has a continous shooting mode as well which would have made life much easier!!!!! These are my current favourites - I have a lot more on my website!!! I find that my camera limits me slightly ( use manual settings but am dependent upon good light to get the speed high enough ) but on the whole is capable of achieving ok results first three are of my local football team ( Worcester City ) last three of premiership club side Aston Villa v Tottenham Hotspur.

Olympus E500, Zuiko 17.5-45mm, Canon S2, Raynox DCR-250 more here http://www.snappycat.co.uk

GREAT shot of the goalie diving!

GGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

GOAL!!!

GOAL!!!

GOAL!!!

GOAL!!!

GOAL!!!

GOAL!!!

GOAL!!!

GOAL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Esoterra
    GREAT shot of the goalie diving!

GGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

GOAL!!!

GOAL!!!

GOAL!!!

GOAL!!!

GOAL!!!

GOAL!!!

GOAL!!!

GOAL!!!
    Thanks but it wasn't a goal - Sorenson saved it In fact, has to be said, I'm rubbish at capturing goals - forget myself and jump up and down like a mad thing
    Olympus E500, Zuiko 17.5-45mm, Canon S2, Raynox DCR-250 more here http://www.snappycat.co.uk

I've posted most of these before, but in the Canon forum rather than photo sharing.

You can see these again and a couple additional shots here:

http://photobucket.com/albums/a304/cdifoto/sports/
    Ouch.

cdi great pictures- especially of the guy running. did you pan the camera with him when you took the shot- or did you wait for the runner to move into your field of view, because you did a good job keeping the picture crisp while in portrait. Nicely done.

I took my son out to Red Rock today to go on our weekly Sunday morning hike. We came across some people rapelling. I am posting 2 pictures to give you a sense of height and size.

Quote Originally Posted by Esoterra
    cdi great pictures- especially of the guy running. did you pan the camera with him when you took the shot- or did you wait for the runner to move into your field of view, because you did a good job keeping the picture crisp while in portrait. Nicely done.
    Thanks for the compliments. I just panned the player once he got reasonably close (I was using the Canon 18-55mm kit lens) and snapped when I had him framed pretty well. I did crop off some excess though because I had more crowd and his legs in the original shot.

I find panning to be really easy when you have plenty of light like that to get fast shutter speeds. It's the lowlight stuff like this that really takes practice since your shutter speeds are lower and your timing has to be spot on:

More here:

http://photobucket.com/albums/a304/cdifoto/path/
    Last edited by cdifoto; 02-12-2006 at 07:34 PM.
    Ouch.

on training... i like ewerything which related with this sport
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Nikon D70S NIKON 55-200 mm DX SWM VR ED IF f 4-5.6
    pardon me for my english

Quote Originally Posted by cdi-buy.com
    I've posted most of these before, but in the Canon forum rather than photo sharing.

You can see these again and a couple additional shots here:

http://photobucket.com/albums/a304/cdifoto/sports/
    i surprized.. a big weman, not big - huge!!!! like man... angry and big uhhhhhhh!!!!
    Nikon D70S NIKON 55-200 mm DX SWM VR ED IF f 4-5.6
    pardon me for my english