Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Free mjpeg to mpeg converter

I have started playing about with movies on my E550 again and was trying to put the results into an Xatshow slide show.

I came across the problem of the Fuji movie format of avi not being "true" avi and so had a problem with the conversion.

After a lot of messing about with trial software including using one bit of software to convert from mjpeg to avi then another bit of software to convert from avi to mpeg I got TMPGEnc to work.

TMPGEnc http://www.tmpgenc.net/ is freeware and was about to give up with it until I accidentally found the answer on another forum :
    If you're having problems opening an .avi file with TMPGEnc in order to encode it into MPEG-1 or MPEG-2 format, but the AVI plays just fine with your Media Player (or any other video player installed on your PC), this is normally the first thing you need to do:

Go to the TMPGEnc's Option menu and select Environmental settings. From there, select the VFAPI Plug-in tab.

There you see a list of various reader plugins installed for the TMPGEnc. The one that's called DirectShow Multimedia File Reader is the one that we're looking at. As a default, its priority is -1. Select the item and right click on it. Choose Higher priority and repeat this until the "Priority" for this item is higher than any other plugin's priority in the list.

Now, your AVI should open nicely.
    I hope this is of help to others

Anthony

free mjpeg to mpeg converter

jfgjgjghjgjgj

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123 View Post
    jfgjgjghjgjgj
    .,,m,,/.,/,./

chen2 Guest
    TMPGEnc is a very useful software, and you can use MPEG-2 function as trial for more 30 days.

Spam reported

Spam removed and K1W1 is left hanging like that?
    Nikon D90, D80
    Nikkor 16-85mm AF-S DX F/3.5-5.6G ED VR, Tamron SP AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) macro, Nikkor 50mm F/1.4D, Nikkor 50mm F/1.8D, Nikkor AF-S VR 70-300mm F/4.5-5.6G IF-ED, Sigma 105mm F/2.8 EX DG Macro ||| 2x SB800 | SB600 ||| Manfrotto 190XB

Quote Originally Posted by tim11 View Post
    Spam removed and K1W1 is left hanging like that?
    The spam post has been deleted.

More spam reported