Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tim11
    Prospero, isn't there dangers of falling rocks at the beach (your first picture)?
    Cat, I love your first picture - landscape, town & beach combined.
    Nice photos of beaches here. Different settings for different locations can be seen here.

My lad ( 9 ) looked at Prospero's pic and said 'wow I'ld like to go there!' have to admit my first thought was of falling rocks as well!!!

glad you like my first pic - had never been to Borth before, place is a little run down but had a certain charm!

Prospero - that panorama is fantastic
    Olympus E500, Zuiko 17.5-45mm, Canon S2, Raynox DCR-250 more here http://www.snappycat.co.uk

beaches

Prospero, love the panorama
    linndan the dune walk is beautiful, also the sun on water
    here are a few more of mine.
    I am beginning to feel as if these forums are a closed club & I am not a member
    I'll try for a while longer but.......
    Cheers
    Snowy Egret
    Attached Images Attached Images  

After the storm

This great sufr is a result of the aftermath of Rita

Emerald Isle

Tail end of hurricane weather

Snowy Egret, thanks for the positive comments on my photos. I don't post very often here because I have felt a bit like an outsider when I did post photos. I like this thread because people are saying nice things to each other and it is encouraging for someone like me who is far from pro to post my shots.
    I really like those shots, especailly the last one. The first one is really nice too because it seems to say a lot...
    The last one caught my eye because of the sun shining down on the surf. I love beaches...and those are so nice.
    Where were the last three taken, if I might ask?

Prospero, very nice panorama indeed.
    Linda
    Konica Minolta Z6

Thanks everyone for your nice comments.

I like your pictures, Snowy Egret, the first one on this page in particular. I really like the lighting in this one. You shouldn't feel like an outsider, these forums are not a closed club. I myself have been a member for only one month and I must say I really appreciate the kindness and hospitality of everyone on this forum. Just keep posting, we all appreciate your imput.

Here's another one of my beach pictures. The beach you see is near Scheveningen, the Netherlands. The structure sticking out into the sea is the famous pier of Scheveningen, on which you can find many shops and restaurants. As you can see, the beach is deserted, as it usually is in the autumn.

Smile

Linda, Thanks for the comments. I now feel less invisible.
    Those 3 shots were taken on a small barrier island off the coast of NC. the 2 with sand are in the town of Emerald Isle. The Big Surf is at Fort Macon.
    My camera is a Nikon CP5700

Prospero, Thhe Netherlands beach looks wild, wonderful & Cold.I wouldn't mind a walk on that beach, sigh...... my favorite kind
    Blair

Prospero, that beach is beautiful. I agree Blair, that one looks like one of those where you go when you want to just walk alone, or sit and take it all in.
    Beautiful.
    I have been to coastal Carolina quite a bit. Some of my husband's family still live on Oak Island, and we spend a lot of time when we can going to Long Beach to enjoy the ocean.
    We really miss the ocean where my husband grew up and the Gulf where I grew up, but we don't know so much about moving back after the last couple of hurricane seasons.
    Beautiful photos people, let's keep those beach shots coming! They really warm the heart in winter!
    Linda
    Konica Minolta Z6

here's mine:

exp settings: 30s shutter, f/11, 100 iso.
    Canon Rebel XT with BG-E3
    17-55MM
    70-200 F4L

my gallery --> www.picasaweb.google.com/jonnevel

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by jnev
    here's mine:

exp settings: 30s shutter, f/11, 100 iso.
    All I can say is WOW, do it again please! This is one I'd love to see in print.
    Location please
    Cheers
    Snowy Egret: