Which camera should I buy?
I'm looking for a digital camera with the following specs, I've been wondering between 4 choices : Olympus FE-100, Olympus FE-110, Canon A410, Canon 520 [or anything you would recommend]:
* Small, but doesn't need to be compact. If it fits in the hand or a jacket pocket, it's good.
* Standard will suffice.
* Image quality is really important.
* Manual controls are important if without them pictures taken at night will be blurry.
* Everyday use. Taking pictures of something I notice on the road, or around somewhere. Mostly outdoors, and within a certain close distance [like a sign across the street, for example].
* I will not be making any prints of the pictures. They'll mostly be for viewing on the computer.
* I'll be shooting several low light photos, and sometimes a few indoor photos.
* I'll be shooting moving objects sometimes, like in a race or while driving.
* Are there particular models you already have in mind? : Yes, I was thinking between Olympus FE-110, Olympus FE-100, Canon Powershot A410 & Canon Powershot A520 in mind at the moment. If you have any other camera model or company that you would recommend, please let me know.
I would prefer if any of the cameras had a wide angle and image stabilization for moving pictures, though that's not a requirement. Other than that, I'm ok with almost anything.
Thank you for reading this.
Last edited by Winnie; 01-11-2006 at 03:11 PM.
Look no further then the Canon A410 or Canon A520.
image stabilization would not help to reduce blur for moving pictures. It is most usful to allow for a faster shutter speed and hence less blur due to camera shake.
Last edited by Militaris; 01-11-2006 at 06:37 PM.
Reason: fixed typo
Thank you for the explanation. B/w the A410 and A520, which would would be better? A410 has less resolution, but has the Digic II processing capability. Does that make enough of a difference?
Originally Posted by Militaris
The A520 is the better camera, the A410 will respond a little bit faster. I'd choose the A520.
Canon EOS 350D, Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 macro, Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 DC EX, Canon EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM, Tokina AT-X124 Pro 12-24mm F4, Soligor 1.7x C/D4 DG Teleconvertor, Manfrotto 724B tripod, Canon Powershot S30
By response, do you mean the amount of time it takes to turn it on and for it to warm up, or the amount of time to do things on it like the time b/w each picture? Thanks.
Originally Posted by coldrain