Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Hybrid View

D50...help with a dust problem.

I have rather annoying particles on my viewfinder eyepiece. I have been unable to remove them, but some quick blasts of air at the seam around the viewfinder has at least re-located them so at least I know where they are. I would love to dust them out of there and was wondering if the eyepiece may just snap off, and snap back on?

Thanks.

I should note I have already removed the focusing screen and cleaned and re-installed it.
    Last edited by VetteD50; 01-10-2006 at 01:17 PM.
    Nothing fancy...Just a Nikon D50,SB600 with 18-200 VR,70-300 Nikkor glass and a Tamron 2x T-converter

I'm also into cars...see my ride along with some friend's rides at my website: www.n2ovette.com

It snaps off, just slide the rubber eyepiece up. Explained in the manual on page 13. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by jcon
    It snaps off, just slide the rubber eyepiece up. Explained in the manual on page 13. Hope this helps.

I actually need to remove the glass portion...the rubber piece is already off.
    Nothing fancy...Just a Nikon D50,SB600 with 18-200 VR,70-300 Nikkor glass and a Tamron 2x T-converter

I'm also into cars...see my ride along with some friend's rides at my website: www.n2ovette.com

Have you had any luck with your d50, I bought my d50 3 days ago and there is already dust in the viewfinder which I can't remove. I have cleaned the sensor already too.

Take it back to whence it came.
    If it's only three days old and there is dust inside the viewfinder then it must have been there since new. Get the shop to either clean it under warranty or preferrably replace the body with a dust free one.

I bought it on ebay, but not through ebay , The guy I bought it off sent me a refund which I am very pleased about as it was a grey market product anyway so the warranty wouldn't have been valid. Now I'm just waiting for my new D50 to arrive, they said 5 days but Dixons have taken weeks before . At least it's got a full warranty.