Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Question Digitalrev - Hong Kong

This reseller markets extensively in Austalia with what looks like sensibly good prices. Does anyone have any experience with them?

Their prices are not ridiculously low, which probably means they are legitimate, however this is definitely not enough proof to say for sure. I looked them up on www.resellerratings.com and could not find the company. Sorry I can't give more information. In addition, their URL information seems legit as well.
    Ken
    Last edited by ktixx; 01-10-2006 at 06:07 AM.
    Canon dSLR User

Angry Beware buying from DigitalRev

Clearly looking at all the positive ebay feedback it is fair to assume that when their process works well there are few problems. However, if you request something their process doesn’t normally deal with – in my case delivering to a different address (and country) from my billing address, their incompetence begins to surface. It took half a dozen emails to confirm that they could do this – however they still dispatched my order to my billing address. UPS’s profoundly inflexible/customer unfriendly process compounded the problem – despite picking up the mistake within an hour of dispatch in Hong Kong, UPS insisted on completing the delivery all the way to the UK (again many emails/phone calls telling them this would be in vain and the package either needed to be redirected to Spain or returned to DigitalRev in Hong Kong)…DigitalRev clearly either have no influence over UPS or didn’t bother doing anything to rectify their mistake. Eventually after sitting undelivered in the UK for about a week the package was returned to DigiatlRev in Hong Kong. UPS tracking showed it arrived at Hong Kong airport on Dec 21 and the package has now vanished. DigitalRev to date (Jan10) have done nothing to recover it and have told me that “According to our policy, we could not replacement or refund, sorry about it.” The £21 I paid for postal insurance is either a fiction or DigitalRev are not prepared to action it. Their customer support service is extremely unresponsive – don’t expect anything better than a 48 hour response….and they clearly feel no responsibility over the fact that they have taken over £1,600 from me and to date have failed to deliver my order.

Quote Originally Posted by nmusgrave
    Clearly looking at all the positive ebay feedback it is fair to assume that when their process works well there are few problems. However, if you request something their process doesn’t normally deal with – in my case delivering to a different address (and country) from my billing address, their incompetence begins to surface. It took half a dozen emails to confirm that they could do this – however they still dispatched my order to my billing address. UPS’s profoundly inflexible/customer unfriendly process compounded the problem – despite picking up the mistake within an hour of dispatch in Hong Kong, UPS insisted on completing the delivery all the way to the UK (again many emails/phone calls telling them this would be in vain and the package either needed to be redirected to Spain or returned to DigitalRev in Hong Kong)…DigitalRev clearly either have no influence over UPS or didn’t bother doing anything to rectify their mistake. Eventually after sitting undelivered in the UK for about a week the package was returned to DigiatlRev in Hong Kong. UPS tracking showed it arrived at Hong Kong airport on Dec 21 and the package has now vanished. DigitalRev to date (Jan10) have done nothing to recover it and have told me that “According to our policy, we could not replacement or refund, sorry about it.” The £21 I paid for postal insurance is either a fiction or DigitalRev are not prepared to action it. Their customer support service is extremely unresponsive – don’t expect anything better than a 48 hour response….and they clearly feel no responsibility over the fact that they have taken over £1,600 from me and to date have failed to deliver my order.
    While your post is valid and I am sorry to hear about your problems, the real issue here is that you had a complicated shipping situation. Normally (for precisely this reason - as well as fraud) companies require the shipping address and billing address to match. While I do agree that the company should help you rectify the situation, they did send your package in a timely manner and although you never verified the contents, you didn't complain about being overcharged or having odd things appear on your invoice. The common traits of a fraudulent company will be erroneous charges of $400 for shipping when they state that it will only be $50 and them telling you to call so they can sell you accessories with a 500% markup. Overall (from your response) Digitalrev seems to have done none of this. If there was a complaint to be had about digitalrev, I would say they need to upgrade their customer service department and to form a better relationship with UPS. But to say they are a terrible company based on your situation is a little bit harsh considering even the best companies (B&H, Newegg, etc.) loose packages and have shipping problems.
    Now just as a note...I am not in any way affiliated with Digitalrev, nor do I have any experience purchasing from them. I am just stating that your issue was entirely based on a shipping problem, and if you had gotten your product (and it was accurate) you would probably have written praises about them.
    I hope your problems get fixed...
    Ken
    Last edited by ktixx; 01-11-2006 at 10:18 AM.
    Canon dSLR User

Ken

Your points are valid. Please note i am not stating that DigitalRev are a 'terrible company' or have used the word 'fraud'. What i am doing is making people aware that there are risks in dealing with them. As of today i have paid them over £1,600, the order has been 'lost' by UPS and DigitalRev neither seem to care about their reponsibilities to me their customer for this loss or are prepared to action the insurance i paid for. Net result i am out of pocket with no prospect of recieving either my order or a refund...meantime DigitalRev's account is in credit and they seem very comfortable with the idea of doing nothing to rectify this inbalance.....draw your own conclusions!!!

Happy to report that UPS have finally found my lenses - they have been safely returned to DigitalRev in Hong Kong and i am now awaiting redleivery. UPS have apoologized for the 'delay' in their process and have put it down to 'staff shortages'.

wayne_eddy Guest
    I purchased AU$3000 camera and lenses from DigitalRev who are supposed to have a local Australian Agent for repairs.

After a week of use (I am an experieced photographer) I found that the camera was not producing sharp images as expected and took it to a local camera shop who concurred. So I contacted DRev in AU who advised I forward it to their post office box - no name attached.

They took a week to check the camera out and decided to send it to their HK office, where it has been for 2 weeks. Canon HK (both repair sites) don't have a record of receiving the camera and the guy that occasionally responds to my emails at DRev can't tell me anything (when it will come back, is it being repaired, by who etc) even though he is in the DRev Office in HK.

My buyers agreement with DREV shows that the issue was to be resolved in 2 weeks. I check out their site tonight and they have pulled all the information off the site that relates to this - fortunately I have a print out though they refuse to acknowlegde this as fact.

So I don't have my $1500 camera and DRev can't tell me where it is or when its coming back. No email from them has been helpful in anyway (past the point of payment) - they havn't even offered to let me know they received it!

If you want no customer support please by DigitalRev.