Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Calibrating your PC and Prrinter?

Can anyone tell me a good program and where to buy a program for calibrating my PC to my printer? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Erik

Wont need to after all.

I just bought a printer today and printed some photos off to see the effect of color matching between the printer and my notebook and the color is right on. I couldn't have asked for a better printer. I was truely amazed with the quality that this inexpensive printer produced. Equall if not better then that of a professional lab. I kid you not!!! I didn't spend over $150.00 for it either. Erik

Consider other paper...

That's great. I get pretty good results with my Epson R1800 (OK, I spent a bit more ) if I use the premium glossy paper that it is designed for. However, if I use a different paper, then the colors are not as accurate. This is why I want to profile mine. The first thing I'm going to try is using the Epson profiles available on their website. But those will not help with third party papers if I wish to use something unusual like a canvas type paper or one of the expensive art papers.

Cheers,
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by erichlund
    That's great. I get pretty good results with my Epson R1800 (OK, I spent a bit more ) if I use the premium glossy paper that it is designed for. However, if I use a different paper, then the colors are not as accurate. This is why I want to profile mine. The first thing I'm going to try is using the Epson profiles available on their website. But those will not help with third party papers if I wish to use something unusual like a canvas type paper or one of the expensive art papers.

Cheers,
    Eric
    Eric, many of the premium papers offer profiles for Epson and Canon printers. I'm sure the R1800 is profiled by most of the premium paper guys. I have been using Minolta 11 x 14 semi-gloss with the Epson 2000P and have not had to change profiles (turns out great).
    D7000, D70, CP990, CP900, FE.
    50mm f/1.8, Sigma 18-125, Sigma 24-70 f/2.8, Nikon 18-105 VR, Nikon 55-200 VR, Nikon 43-86 f/3.5 AiS, Vivitar 28-90 F/2.8-3.5 Macro, Vivitar 75-205 F/3.8-4.8, SB800.
    Ha! See, I can change...

http://d70fan.smugmug.com/

Calibration

Thanks guys for all the advice. Good shooting. Erik