Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Hybrid View

What is the best portable digital camera for parties (i.e. low light)

Hey i want to get a camera to take out with me. But i am a guy and thus do not have a hand bag and need a small camera to put in my pocket which takes good shots in clubs, uni... i.e. low light conditions...

its a bonus if it looks good :P

i was looking at the finepix f11 because it was excellent in the photos it takes, but it is also quite bulky (and doe not look good - not that thats a primary concern)

Anyway all advice is appreciated

Morph

ps i live in Australia - so very new cameras are hard to find here: in my local store i can get a F10 + cary case + 512mb card for $aud600. Or on ebay i can get http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Fujifilm-Fuji...QQcmdZViewItem (i am kinda worried about the warranty - although the dealer says he has it i bet it must be dodgy... what do you guys think?

A more suitable camera for your use is the Z1. It has a 5mp sensor,and has the same higher ISO capabilities (upto ISO 800 in this case) with less noise than other cameras of its class, it is much more compact and you may find it to be more stylish. It does take better photos than other cameras with its form factor, the T9 from Sony being the exception (same quality according to me) But the Sony has more noise, so it is less suitable for your use.
    Canon EOS 350D, Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 macro, Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 DC EX, Canon EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM, Tokina AT-X124 Pro 12-24mm F4, Soligor 1.7x C/D4 DG Teleconvertor, Manfrotto 724B tripod, Canon Powershot S30

I cant seem to find many sample shots which show me low light performance of these cameras e.g. Casio EXILIM (e.g. s600) and Sony's p200...

it is hard to know what is best, i guess i just dont favour bulk...

oh and as for the Z1 did you mean the minolta? that thing is very big!

if you meant the fuji by the same number then it is definatly small, but how is its low light performance??? i cant see any review with it
    Last edited by Quintin; 12-27-2005 at 05:07 PM.

Z1 only uses 3.43 of its MP -- I rather have the F10/11 than the Z1/2.