Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Canon Powershot A75 problems

I have a Canon powershot A75 Digital camera its about a 11 months old and has a few problems now.
    1. zoom doesn't work any more
    2. any buttons like "menu" "func" "up/down/left/right" don't work anymore
    3. unable to view pictures I've taken except the last one
    4.Orange AF light on the front of the camera keeps blinking.

I am able to still take pictures and download them to my computer but thats all.

Has anyone else had this same problem?
    Any suggestions? I know it is still under warranty
    but I cannot find my original sales receipt
    Last edited by buschite; 12-28-2005 at 08:03 AM.

kmootkingstuotnh Guest

problem with a75

my a75 worked for a long time...then all of a sudden it stopped connecting to my computer...it used to work on my girlfriends computer so i brought it there after to try it there....no matter wat i do i can not get it to connect to any computer...

any advice...ive downloaded the drivers..

You can find a solution to your problem

You can find a solution to your problem at:
    http://www.fixya.com/Product.aspx?prdid=293999

Similar Problem

I too have similar problem with my A75 digital camera as listed below.

Any body knows if Canon owns this as a manufacturing defect because of the floowing advisory notice from Canon.

Canon issues advisory notice
    Thursday, 6 October 2005 16:25 GMT < Prev Next >

Canon has announced a problem with some of the CCDs used in its digital cameras and camcorders which causes images not to appear or appear distorted. This is due to a malfunction that means the wiring in the CCDs may come undone if exposed to high temperature or high humidity. The affected cameras are the PowerShot A60, PowerShot A70, PowerShot A75, PowerShot A300, PowerShot A310, Digital IXUS V3, Digital IXUS II, Digital IXUS IIs. Canon advises anyone experiencing these problems to contact them to arrange free repairs.

I don't think that notice has anything to do with your camera problems. The zoom not working has nothing to do with the CCD distortion. Your camera certainly has a problem, but the recall won't help you here.

-dave-

Sounds like a connection problem on the control pad.

The control pad is a really thin plastic sheet. Its orange and there are buttons mounted on it. Everything you have mentioned is on this pad.

If you think you can handel it you can take it apart and probobly fix it fairly easy. First you have to open the case by removing all the screws. There is one hidden under the little button battery, and 4 hidden in the battery compartment. Once you get it open trace the oange flex pad to where it plugs in and wiggle the connection, push it in further into the little socket it plugs into. You may need some needle nose pliers or some hemostats to grip it good.

Thats about the only thing it could be. The mode switch (changes from camera to review) could be damaged so when you open it inspect that switch also but im almost positive its just a connection problem.

Have you tried to bang it on the side a few times to see if starts to work? An impact could cause it to stop working and it could help it.

There are so many of those thin pads on the camera a connection issue is pretty common.

This camera is a few years old as far as when it was built. I would guess late 2004 atleast.

Jinlei Guest

Black Shoot Screen

The problems you guys are having sounds about as bad as my sole problem. For some reason my shoot screen is black. When I turn on the camera, I can see pictures that were previously taken in the display mode. However, when I switch to the shoot screen it's black like a bad reception at the deluxe cinema. I read the troubleshooting guide and their solution was the CF card. I reformatted it like they asked. It's still black. Any one came across a similar problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinlei
    The problems you guys are having sounds about as bad as my sole problem. For some reason my shoot screen is black. When I turn on the camera, I can see pictures that were previously taken in the display mode. However, when I switch to the shoot screen it's black like a bad reception at the deluxe cinema. I read the troubleshooting guide and their solution was the CF card. I reformatted it like they asked. It's still black. Any one came across a similar problem.
    Have you tried banging on the side of the case? give it a good whack and see what it does. If it changes or does some purple straks then you have the the infamous canon CCD problem. Canon is fixing these for free so whack on it a few times and see what it does. Go to the canon site and read around under your camera model. How i first found out was when i went looking for a new firmware for my A70, then i read this *Attention* paragraph about the CCD problems and i sent them an e-mail and they sent me the prepaid sticker to ship it to them threw UPS. It took a few weeks but now it works fine wit no problems at all.

Courtanee Guest

Exclamation I know this isn't recent but..

Quote Originally Posted by buschite
    I have a Canon powershot A75 Digital camera its about a 11 months old and has a few problems now.
    4.Orange AF light on the front of the camera keeps blinking.

I am able to still take pictures and download them to my computer but thats all.

Has anyone else had this same problem?
    Any suggestions? I know it is still under warranty
    but I cannot find my original sales receipt

Courtanee:

I got my Canon PowerShot a75 for Christmas 2004. It was great, the pictures turned out amazing, but in about February, it stopped working, just like yours. But I couldn't even take pictures.
    Now, over a year later (I never got around to taking it back, I'm not completely sure why), I got it to work again. I'm not sure what I did, but it worked, for one night. I took it out, nothing major happened to it, it sat in my purse for most of the night, and now it doesn't work again. I can download the pictures on to my computer, but no buttons work or anything. I was just wondering if anyone had experienced this problem and had found a solution yet. I just Googled the camera and found this forum, so if you have any suggestions for me, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Try and hook it to the computer using the USB and try taking pictures using "remote capture" this is how you can test the problems.

It can be somthing faulty in the connections to cause the buttons to not work, if so then it should work with remote capture.

Try all the functions, zoom, shutter
    Last edited by BowerR64; 07-10-2006 at 11:07 PM.