Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

What brand CF card for Olympus E500

Hello all,

I swapped the Nikon D50 for and Oly E-500 and I think I'm going to stick with this camera. I'm really impressed with the picture quality, look and feel of the camera itself, and the ease of making adjustments. I think right out of the box, the Oly takes better pictures with the kit lenses that these cameras come with. Others may differ, but hey, it's my coin. So that's what matters,right?

Anyway, I'm going to invest in a 1GB CF card for this camera. I don't want to stick with xD because they are smaller (easier to lose), and more expensive. Is there a particular card that anyone here can recommend? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Joe

hey if i was you i would go with the sandisk ultra II they are pretty fast and wont break the bank. i just my new E500 today as well to go with my E300 and i love them, welcome to the club:P be sure to ask norm about this topic as he seems to know alot about it

happy shooting
    "it is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice"

Quote Originally Posted by joeywrx
    Anyway, I'm going to invest in a 1GB CF card for this camera. I don't want to stick with xD because they are smaller (easier to lose), and more expensive. Is there a particular card that anyone here can recommend? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    If speed is important, the only choice is the Sandisk Extreme III. Twice as fast as the nearest alternative. It won't matter so much if you only shoot SQ, but if you shoot RAW, not to mention RAW+Jpeg, and you want to check the histogram or exposure quickly after the shot, the extra speed is crucial. More expensive, yes, but I wouldn't buy anything else now (switching from the faster Sandisk III to my old slower cards is vexing).
    "...and only the stump, or fishy part of him remained."
    Green Gables: A Contemplative Companion to Fujino Township

1629dill Guest

Hitachi Microdrive (6GB)

I am using a Hitachi Microdrive (6GB) and it has a sustained data rate (MB/sec) - 9.4. I was able to find it for under $200. This made it the best price per MB that I could find and I like the fact that I has all the space that I need. I have been shutting in HQ and it holds about 900 shots.

Zeke Guest
    Check out Lexar 80x. I'm very happy with it.