By the DCRP Community

Table of Contents

|1| Introduction
    |2| Nikkor Zooms (Post #1)
    |3| Nikkor Primes (Post #2)
    |4| Third Party Lenses (Post #3)
    |5| Head to Head Comparisons (Post #4)

I. Introduction

This guide is a compilation of many reviews written by DCRP community members. They are sorted by manufacturer and by type. If you would like to contribute a review, please do so here. If you are unfamiliar with any of the lingo and terminology used in these reviews, consult my Lens Buyer's Guide.

II. Nikkor Zooms

Consumer Zooms
    None

Professional Zooms

28-70 f/2.8

DX Zooms
    None

Nikkor 28-70mm f/2.8

Two ED glass elements minimize chromatic aberrations. Molded-glass aspherical lens for minimized distortion, higher resolution and superior contrast. Holds fast and constant f/2.8 maximum aperture through the entire focal range. M/A mode for quick switching between autofocus and manual focus operation. Nine-blade rounded diaphragm opening makes out-of-focus elements appear more natural.

Reviews

By George Riehm / 10 / Is this lens worth the price? Yes / Would I buy this lens again? Yes
    Last edited by Rex914; 07-07-2006 at 11:11 AM.

Nikon Primes

III. Nikkor Primes

Nikkor 50mm f/1.8

New D-type lens design provides distance information as part of flash and ambient light exposure processes. Classic normal lens provides speed and compact design. Multi-layer coating minimizes flare and ghosting. Exceptionally lightweight and compact – ideal for travel photography. Stops down to f/22 for excellent depth-of-field control

Reviews

By George Riehm / 10 / Is this lens worth the price? Yes / Would I buy this lens again? Yes
    By Jason25 / 10 / Is this lens worth the price? Yes / Would I buy this lens again? Yes
    Last edited by Rex914; 07-07-2006 at 11:13 AM.

Third Party Lenses (Sigma, Tamron, Tokina)

Last edited by Rex914; 07-07-2006 at 11:11 AM.

Question Brand New Nikon User and Forum Partipant-help with wide angle

I am a realtor and just bought a Nikon D3000. I need a wide angle lens to be able to include more of a room.

Can someone recommend a suitable affordable wide angle lens?
    Thanks- I apologize if this is not the place to enter this question.

Quote Originally Posted by lsgregory View Post
    I am a realtor and just bought a Nikon D3000. I need a wide angle lens to be able to include more of a room.

Can someone recommend a suitable affordable wide angle lens?
    Thanks- I apologize if this is not the place to enter this question.

EDIT: Just realized how old this last post was. My bad!

Don't mean for this to sound harsh. Hire someone else. Real Estate photography can be tricky and certainly is a job for more than just a D3000 and a wide angle lens. You are talking a full frame body and EXPENSIVE pro glass along with a couple flashes and maybe some light modifiers. Plus, it will take some time to learn the equipment to get the images that will really get those potential buyers in the door. As you well know, the real estate market is full of crap photos. I do commend you for both recognizing this and trying to do something about it. But like I said, spend a couple hundred bucks and get a pro in there to all but sell the house for you!

Also, mods should move this to another forum.
    Last edited by kjmdrumz3; 07-12-2010 at 12:38 PM.
    D700(gone), D90(gone), D40x
    80-200 f/2.8D(gone), 50 f/1.4G, 100 f/2.8 Series E, 18-55 kitty
    SB900(gone), SB24, Sunpak 383(dead), fired with Paul C Buff triggers