Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Will the S9000 meet my needs?

I want to upgrade from my Minolta 4MP. My main desire is zoom, action shots, shutter lag, and no red-eye. My photography consists of vacation, family, outdoors, and indoor basketball. I know most any point and shoot can give me most of the above except basketball. Will I be able to freeze shots in a typical gym normal seating (daughters basketball games) in your typical lighting of school gyms? Would it be capable of air shows and faster things than sports?

I am not an expert at all so I need user friendly and the ability to take decent action basketball shots.

Thank you.

Will the S9000 meet my needs?

Hello Mike and All,

The best way to make such a determination is to see pics from the camera under varying circumstances.

Please check out my posts right here. Just click on 'nickphoto123' on the Fuji Forum listing, you then can click on 'all posts by nickphoto123'.
    You will see the many ways the s9000 has served my needs ( to my satisfaction, maybe not yours ).

Please check out all the other posters as well.

You should have a good basis for your decision.

Regards, Nicholas

Thanks

Nicholas,

Great pics on all your posts. I enjoyed the pics of the MasterCraft competition and surely if this camera can freeze that action it would do fine on basketball unless the lighting made a dramatic difference. What do you think?

Also.

What about the S5200 does it have the same specs (apendture and shutter) as the S9000 that would make it considerable with the S9000? Only much cheaper? Action shots is still my main focus.

S9000?

Hi Mike and All,

The Mastercraft shots were with my F-828, all manual (fixed focus with a tripod). My images reveal how I was able to work with the F-828's shutterlag, which is not as good as my S9000's. With the S9000 I would have had 300 mm, not 200 mm of the F-828, and more peak shots.

I have no knowledge regarding the S5200.

Regards, Nicholas