Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Microsoft digital image suite 2006

I'm just looking for any opinions on Microsoft digital image suite 2006. I have Photoshop elements 2.0. I'm a pretty computer oriented person and I really have a hard time with it. It's just not very intuitive.

I've read a few positive things about the digital image suite. One of the things that most attracts me to it is the fact that it seems to be user friendly.

I'm just looking for a good all around program for editing and hopefully doing some fun stuff with.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Microsoft Digital Image Suite 2006

Microsoft Digital Image Suite 2006 is easy and quick to learn and use - simple to manuever and has a lot of great tools which can be used for both serious projects, touching up family photos, and a lot of room for creativity! Once you understand the uses of all the tools, you learn many shortcuts and easier ways for cropping, blurring, removing blemishes, etc. It also comes with several templates, both pre-made and blank, for calendars, mailing labels, etc. which operate on a wizard, so they aren't difficult to handle at all. I have this program on my own computer and personally recommend it for any of your picture projects.

Quote Originally Posted by keithk42
    I'm just looking for any opinions on Microsoft digital image suite 2006. I have Photoshop elements 2.0. I'm a pretty computer oriented person and I really have a hard time with it. It's just not very intuitive.

I've read a few positive things about the digital image suite. One of the things that most attracts me to it is the fact that it seems to be user friendly.

I'm just looking for a good all around program for editing and hopefully doing some fun stuff with.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
    I use Photoshop Elements 3 plus Microsoft Digital Image Pro 7 which is a predecessor to Digital Image Suite 2006 with many of the same functions and similar interface.Both are fine pieces of software.I started with Digital Image Pro which has most image editing functions that I need and moved to Elements 3 a couple of years later.I now use both.I find Elements less intuitive like you but that may simply be because I am more used to Digital Image Pro .I have no doubt that Digital Image Suite 2006 would cover all your needs though either can be recommended.

Canon 60D,
    Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4.0 DC Macro OS HSM,
    Canon 18-55 f3.5-5.6 IS,
    Canon Speedlite 270EX

Panasonic Lumix DMC GF3,
    Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6

You can also look at PicaJet Photo Organzier. Very convenient and easy-to-use, has built-in metadata editor (EXIF, IPTC, XMP) and FREE plugins for upload the photos to Fotki.com and Flickr.com. Can be downloaded here: http://www.picajet.com

Formerly South Wales. Now South Carolina.
    Quote Originally Posted by keithk42

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
    Stick with Photoshop Elements 2.0. I have that and I have tried tons of other image editing software. Quite honestly I found the Microsoft thing to be one of the worst.

ronjh Guest

Angry Ms Dis

In my view MS digital image suite is an poor product, not intuitive, limited capability, awkward to use and tediously SLOW.
    Corel PSP X is far superior with Photoshop Elements running a close second. In my view by comparison Digital Image suite is not even in the same league.

Exclamation

I Find The Gimp 2.0 Quite A Nice Program And Best Of All; It's 100% FREE WOOT!