Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Fuji 5000 problem

Hi all, I'm new to this site and hope you can help. I have a s5000 that was working perfectly until today. Now it wont start up at all. Batteries changed for a fresh set, mains adapter tried and still no joy. It hasnt been dropped or hit since last used to view some pictures taken previously. Anyone else suffered from this? The camera now shows no signs of life at all.
    Thanks in advance.
    Rob

Daniel Camacho Guest

Try here...

This is the Fuji site for support Click here

Hope they can help, they are very good support.

Unhappy S5000 repair

Just a quick update on the s5000 non startup problem. Camera was returned to Fuji repair dept (UK) and a quote for 99:50 to repair camera was received.
    I authorised the repair and it was completed and returned in less than a week. Great service except that they now seem to want 122 for it.
    Problem : a power board needed replacing cost 55 + vat and 30 mins labour.
    This now brings the cost of repair upto about a half a replacement camera would have cost. The new camera would have also have had improvements in pixels / image size. I would advise that you think carefully if yours goes wrong.

Fuji 5000 problem

Hi ,
    If you have a fuji power supply, remove the battery and connect the external power supply turn the 5000 on .
    If it now works , are the lips of battery maybe the problem
    Leo
    Last edited by leob_nl; 12-11-2005 at 10:47 AM.