Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Question PhotoShop CS for $70?

I'm sure a lot of you have gotten those spam e-mails offering high-end software packages for pretty cheap $. I came across one offering PhotoShop for $70 available for download only. Of course, no manuals or support but still for $70 I was considering it...

Any thoughts on this? I can no where near afford the $500+ the whole package anywhere else. But then there's PaintShop Pro + for around $130 for the full package, but I don't know how it would actually compare to Adobe PS.

sometimes i've seen photoshop being sold on amazon for under $100 from users. of course sometimes even amazon has unscrupulous sellers, etc. but if they're selling their entire box, with media and licensing then it doesn't seem like there would be a problem at all.

I'm a little late to the game here, but avoid these $70 deals!!!

Can't say that strongly enough. They are hacked versions of Photoshop and your shortcut keys will not work as expected because of disrupted code. I often contribute to Photoshop forums and can't tell you how many anguished users there are that have been taken by this fraudulent software.

Photoshop Elements is my recommendation.
    Minolta Maxxum 7D
    Maxxum 3600HS (D) Flash
    Maxxum 50 mm f1.7
    Maxxum 17-35 mm f2.8-4 (D)
    Maxxum 24-105 mm f3.5-4.5 (D)
    Maxxum 100-300 mm f4.5-5.6 Macro APO

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by TWD
    Photoshop Elements is my recommendation.
    Thanks, that's what I decided to do. Picked up the PS Elements 4 and Premium Elements 2 combo off eBay for around $80 *new in box*.

Thumbs up

The cheap Photoshop CS2 deals are legit from certain websites...I have bought 3 downloads from http://www.download-store.net/ takes 24hrs before u can download the software..sometimes sooner and sometimes just a little more. There support system responds pretty fast. I have bought Microsoft office 2003 Pro, Photoshop CS2 9.0, and another copy of Microsoft office 2003 pro for my parents computer. All of them worked and downloaded them within 24hrs of purchase.

I recently purchased Photoshop CS2 9.0 from these guys for only 50 dollars during a sale..its back up to 69 now I believe, but its so worth not having to pay 600-650 dollars full retail.

I promise this company delivers and is legit...it may be a little illegal looking, but they are legal and get by under the wire under certain laws. Don't freak if your credit card or debit card bill says Moscow, Russia on it..they have a banking system there...very satisfied with all purchases from them and hey I have photoshop CS2 9.0 now for cheap!!!
    Last edited by wxcloud9xw; 12-07-2005 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wxcloud9xw
    I promise this company delivers and is legit...it may be a little illegal looking, but they are legal and get by under the wire under certain laws. Don't freak if your credit card or debit card bill says Moscow, Russia on it..they have a banking system there...very satisfied with all purchases from them and hey I have photoshop CS2 9.0 now for cheap!!!
    Darwin's Theory of Evolution and the principle that only the strongest survive (Law of the Jungle) are not actually Acts of Paliament, or any other government for that matter. Just because you can do it and get away with it doesn't make it legal or ethical. These guys get one copy, hack the protections, and then sell downloads. At the very least, you are violating the publisher's copyright. Since they are in a foreign country, they are fairly safe. You have the massive volume of traffic on the internet to protect you. But you have still broken the law.

they say they are legit and have been around for atleast a couple years. Well, i got a 50 dollar copy of photoshop cs2 so I'm happy regardless.

Formerly South Wales. Now South Carolina.
    Quote Originally Posted by erichlund
    Darwin's Theory of Evolution and the principle that only the strongest survive (Law of the Jungle) are not actually Acts of Paliament, or any other government for that matter. Just because you can do it and get away with it doesn't make it legal or ethical. These guys get one copy, hack the protections, and then sell downloads. At the very least, you are violating the publisher's copyright. Since they are in a foreign country, they are fairly safe. You have the massive volume of traffic on the internet to protect you. But you have still broken the law.
    Quite honestly I wouldn't bother with hacked software. The hackiing tends to damage it and sometimes viruses get added. In any case, I'd prefer to buy and use older software that doesn't cost quite as much as newer software. That's the way to save money! Plus you don't surrender your morals nor aid criminals. I bet lots of people don't realise that pirated software earns money for al-Quaida and the like!

I don't think I can be persuaded without proof to not ever buy from them again. I really never understood why software companies charged so much for there products, when they cost no where near that much to make them. for instance some editing software cost (ex. Alias Maya 6.5 Unlimited)7000 dollars retail and the like..rediculous profits they are making...if anyone is stealing its the software companies and there outrageous prices.

Formerly South Wales. Now South Carolina.
    Quote Originally Posted by wxcloud9xw
    I don't think I can be persuaded without proof to not ever buy from them again. I really never understood why software companies charged so much for there products, when they cost no where near that much to make them. for instance some editing software cost (ex. Alias Maya 6.5 Unlimited)7000 dollars retail and the like..rediculous profits they are making...if anyone is stealing its the software companies and there outrageous prices.
    Ok. Let's look at the cost of employing just one programmer..

Wages, Insurance, Health and Safety, Taxes, Buildings, Repairs and Maintainance, Electricity for lighting and heating, bonuses etc. Now imagine that programmer gets $60 per hour and we'll see that their hourly cost is going to be $120 approximately. Now multiply that by the number of programmers involved and the number of hours needed to write the software. To write a simple program can take several hours. Then there's the testing and error correction time. Then somebody has to write a manual. Then there's all the advertising and production so I'm not surprised that software costs a lot. Not just that but you also have to realise that not everybody wants Adpbe Photoshop CS. There are 250,000 people in the US. Of those you'll be lucky to find 25,000 that want Adobe Photoshop CS. The money they charge has to cover their costs and make a profit. They can't do that for just $70!