Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Self Portraits

Rachel,

Great job with that photo of your dad. He's one of our favorite people around here, and it's nice to see that some of his talents have rubbed off on you.

I hope you'll post your photos often.
    Anne

If it stands still, shoot it!!!

Konica Minolta DiMAGE A-200

I just hope y'all know that one of the main reasons I became a photographer was so I could stay on the safe side of the lens.......... and this is why (no screaming and running for the hills please)

Anne

If it stands still, shoot it!!!

Konica Minolta DiMAGE A-200

Anne - thank you for the very kind comments for Rachel - I will make sure she reads it and posts some more of her piccies.
    Also - don't be so hard on yourself - you look as friendly as you write. I hate seeing my own pictures - particularly the ones I tried of myself as the perspective was distorted (too close for portrait). Gotta get used to the fat that I don't look as young as I once did I guess!!
    Bit busy over the next few days - on a course - but I will try to keep dippig in.

Everyone else - keep sending in those portraits...

Geoff
    Geoff Chandler. UK/England/Surrey
    NIKON D90 / D80. Nikon 16 - 85 VR, Tamron 28-200,
    Sigma 70-300APO, Tokina 100 AT-X Pro D.
    SB600 flash. Panasonic DMC-TZ25

http://geof777.multiply.com

Here's me...

Tripod w/fill flash & wireless remote on 2sec delay (just enough time to slip it into my pocket!)

Shot in my back yard, using a *safe* aperture for DOF.
    Ouch.

Pretty cool thread.

I was just messing around the other night working on perfecting the "Multiplicity" Techniques a bit - I really need something wider LOL Click here for example - these are awesome BTW . . . And walked away with a few keepers - using my 85 1.8. . . This is my scary mug! Be warned.

Nikon D90 | Sigma 10-20 HSM | DX 18-105 f3.5-5.6 VR | DX 55-200 VR | 35 f/2.0 D | 50 f/1.4 D | 85mm F/1.8 D | SB-800 x 3 | SU-800
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Flickr | Twitter

Hey Parm you look a helluva lot different in those shots than you do in your mirror profile shot. Besides the fact that there's a big plastic electronic device growing out of your eye...
    Ouch.

Cool shots Andy, and that multiplicity technique is bad a$$...I think I'l try it with my little guy tomorrow!

Anyway here's one of me from my garage studio a month ago. I was trying for a new shot for my website, and this is a reject...

www.jamisonwexler.com

Canon 5dII|Canon 5D|Canon 40D|Sigma 15 f2.8|Canon 35 f1.4|Canon 50 f2.5|Canon 50 f1.8|Canon 85 f1.2|Canon 17-40 f4|Canon 18-55 f3.5-5.6 IS|Canon 24-105 f4 IS|Canon 28-105 f3.5-4.5|Canon 70-200 f2.8 IS|Canon 75-300 f4-5.6 IS|Kenko 1.4x TC|Canon 580ex X3|Canon 380exII |Canon 420ex|Sunpak 383 x4|Sunpak 120j x2|Sunpak 622|Elinchrom Skyports

Past Gear

Quote Originally Posted by jamison55
    Cool shots Andy, and that multiplicity technique is bad a$$...I think I'l try it with my little guy tomorrow!

Anyway here's one of me from my garage studio a month ago. I was trying for a new shot for my website, and this is a reject...

Why's that a reject? Maybe I'm too retarded to be a portrait photog...

...unless that alignment wasn't intentional. I can see THAT part. lol.
    Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by jamison55

Slight high key effect - Still a good photo. I'm guessing a reject for the idea you had in mind?

I am thinking if I can get a good idea of how to incorporate the multiplicity effect with my GF Dog and cat - our Xmas cards this year are going to be pretty unique!

Quote Originally Posted by cdi-buy.com
    Hey Parm you look a helluva lot different in those shots than you do in your mirror profile shot.
    Is that a good thing or a bad thing ? ? ? I don't wanna know

Quote Originally Posted by cdi-buy.com
    Besides the fact that there's a big plastic electronic device growing out of your eye...
    You mean, "Besides the fact that there is [an itty bitty] plastic electronic device [w/Bgrip thats hardly noticable in the photo if not for the 85 1.8] growing out of my eye" ??

I need to pick up the remote for more versatility.

Dude CDI you gotta try the multiplicity thing. . . its pretty fun - set up your camera and tripod in your yard and with your remote go running all over the place jumping around and do some whacky stuff, layer mask til the sun comes up and then post it up! For research purposes of course I need to see how the remote can perform under said circumstances and if it would be a tool I could count on to perform.
    Nikon D90 | Sigma 10-20 HSM | DX 18-105 f3.5-5.6 VR | DX 55-200 VR | 35 f/2.0 D | 50 f/1.4 D | 85mm F/1.8 D | SB-800 x 3 | SU-800
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Flickr | Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by aparmley
    Slight high key effect - Still a good photo. I'm guessing a reject for the idea you had in mind?

I am thinking if I can get a good idea of how to incorporate the multiplicity effect with my GF Dog and cat - our Xmas cards this year are going to be pretty unique!

Is that a good thing or a bad thing ? ? ? I don't wanna know

You mean, "Besides the fact that there is [an itty bitty] plastic electronic device [w/Bgrip thats hardly noticable in the photo if not for the 85 1.8] growing out of my eye" ??

I need to pick up the remote for more versatility.

Dude CDI you gotta try the multiplicity thing. . . its pretty fun - set up your camera and tripod in your yard and with your remote go running all over the place jumping around and do some whacky stuff, layer mask til the sun comes up and then post it up! For research purposes of course I need to see how the remote can perform under said circumstances and if it would be a tool I could count on to perform.

lol sounds like fun! but...I'll neeed some tutoring on that layer mask stuff once I get some goofball shots.
    Ouch.