Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Photoshoot Critique please

All honest critique regarding my shots would be greatly appreciated. you can comment on the pictures if you have a yahoo account.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2244736...th/4847908993/

thanks to all!

Why not post some images here for people to look at rather than forcing them to your Flickr account? That this what this section of the forum is about - posting images.

Overall I thought the lighting in most of the shots was wrong the highlights were blown in many shots and the darks were way too dark. Some of the poses were a little strange (sitting on the road with cars in the background?) and the model looked uncomfortable to me in quite a few shots.

thats commonly what i hear about sony's. that they blow colors and lights out of proportion. which i feel may be true. i had to dial the shutter down to 1/2000 just to get a decent shot. i know the poses were kinda strange, but we had to work with what we had, which was limited time for lighting, her mother being crazy and not letting her out of her neighborhood area, and the fact that we're both doing that for the first time (my first photoshoot as well as hers so we're both inexperienced) so thank you for the critique, ill be sure to work on these points.

and as far as the image posting goes, sorry bout that, didnt know people rally cared that much. ill fix it next time

Quote Originally Posted by Scarmazzi View Post
    and as far as the image posting goes, sorry bout that, didnt know people rally cared that much. ill fix it next time
    You will get a much better response if you post images here. If people have to go somewhere else they generally won't. That's human nature.

In those probably some sort of flash or flashes to help with the shadows would have been handy.

This shot look to me to be the best exposed and the most natural it's a shame the model is looking down.

The details kill it.

Busy background.
    Awkward pose in general (particularly the arm and shoulder).
    Bad hair.
    Dirt on pants.
    Not flattering expression.
    Pentax K20D/K5/15/21/40/70/10-17/12-24, Sigma 17-70 2.8-4.5/150-500, Tamron 90 Macro/70-200 2.8, Canon SX20 IS/Elph 500HS
    (formerly Pentax 50 1.4/50-200/55-300/K100D, Sigma 18-50 2.8/70-300 APO, Tamron 28-75, Viv 800, Tele-Tokina 800, Canon S3 IS, Samsung L210)
    http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q78/KylePix/