Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation PowerShot A620 hassles

Ok Hi folks just joined this forum cause i am having a crazy problem with my brandnew A620 camera
    It takes fantastic photos, camera works fine in all regards except 1, when i try to upload any themes to the camera using the Camerawindow software it throws an error up at me saying
    Access to F:\docume~1\tom\LOCALS~1\temp\ZB_MYCam\3\SI_JPG\. was denied
    Now i have installed this software on two computers and i get the same message on both computers, and whats more I have a friend who has just bought the identical camera, except he bought it from a totally diferent camera dealer in australia and he has exactly the same problem, i cannot find any information about this error anywhere on the internet, not in forums, newsgroups and certinaly on on Canon's website.... does anyone have any idea whats going on?
    my next port of call is Canon's phone help tommorow, but to me it stinks of a bug in the Camerawindow software.....

Any help would be appreciated
    Thanx for your time

ps. I am using windows XP operating system if hat helps

Thumbs up

I am using a 620 with no hassles. I will step u thru what I do to set up themes on the camera. If I mention things that are 'duh' bear with me.

620 set to Play, plugged in and switched on. You are prompted to open with Canon CameraWindow (if you don't see this, open explorer with the 620 on. You will see it in the explorer window. Right-click/properties/events and select Canon CameraWindow)

Select tab Set to Camera. Click Set My Camera. In the camera window you have 2 themes to override. Select the one you wish to override. Pick your new theme from the My Computer window and select Save to Camera.

Good Luck. Great Camera. Love it to bits.

This is the help.

================================================== =======

Setting My Camera content by theme
    Select the [Setup as a theme] tab from the My Camera dialog box to set My Camera image and sound content as a single unit.

To upload My Camera content on the computer to the camera
    To download My Camera content in the camera to the computer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To upload My Camera content on the computer to the camera:

The My Camera content in the computer is displayed in the [Computer] list. Select the My Camera content you want to upload to the camera from this list.
    If the [Camera] list is not displayed, click the [Show Camera] button to display the list.
    The My Camera content currently stored in the camera is displayed in the [Camera] list. Select the My Camera content you want to overwrite from this list.
    Click [Save to Camera]. A confirmation message is displayed. Check that the information is correct, and then click [OK].
    Uploading My Camera content to the camera is complete. My Camera content uploaded to the camera can be accessed from the menu on the camera.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To download My Camera content in the camera to the computer:

If the [Camera] list is not displayed, click the [Show Camera] button to display the list.
    The My Camera content currently stored in the camera is displayed in the [Camera] list. Select the My Camera content you want to download to the computer from this list.
    Click [Save to PC].

Nope sorry no help,
    When I click the Set to Camera button, all seems well... I select my themes and which theme to overwrite, everytime i press the Save to camera button i get the same error, on both of my computers i get this error, and as i have sain in my earlier post a friend of mine who purchased theit camera from the other side of australia has the same problem....
    on all other points this camera is perfect, except i cannot change the themes
    same crash every time, my friend has called Canon support today but they have yet to get back to him, i just think that this is a software problem and not many people have complained about it in australia yet, if anyone else reading this is in australia and can do this fine i ould love to hear from them... To find out what version of the digital camera solution disk they have, incase its diferent to what i have, the disk that came with my camera is Ver.26.0

thanks guys

Thanks for posting this problem, I learned something new today, I didnt even know I could do this with my A610 till I read this post. It worked fine for me, I uploaded the Christmas theme I also have the version 26 canon software, hope you can get it working the way you want, of course like I said I have the A610, not the A620.

Just a thought, are you trying this from the software CD (read only) ?

If so, just re-install (bear in mind Arcsoft PhotoStudio does not automatically install, you need to run setup yourself), and make sure the transfers are from disk to camera and visa-versa.

Good luck

Another thought. Go to the folder and select all the files that you are getting errors on (Ctrl A). Then press (Alt Enter) to check the properties and make sure the read-only flag isn't set. If so just uncheck it.

nup... still a no go

Sorry still no go, i have also ininstalled and reinstalled all the software and deleted registry entries and reinstalled.... i believe the problem is now wit the software, my friend who i mentioned in an earlier post has ben dealing with Canon Tech support since thursday last week, they have concluded that there is an error in the version of the software that we have been supplied with our camera,(we are using v26) and are sending out another version... dunno if its older or newer i just know its different
    So i will obtain a copy of that disk if it appears that that is our problem
    I will keep this forum informed of any progress as it happens, i would like to think that perhaps we might save some other Aussies with this problem...

It would also appear that the problem is to do with the full stop after the slash in the directory that it is looking for
    F:\docume~1\tom\LOCALS~1\temp\ZB_MYCam\3\SI_JPG\.
    or at least thats the current theory from Canon

I am also using Solutions Disk V26 CEL-SEL11A2M0 (Europe, Middle East, Africa option). Are you using Asia/Oceania ?. Maybe give the other option a pop just to try it.

Just looked in my C:\Documents and Settings\XXX\Local Settings\Temp\ZB
    and it is empty (just installed the software). There is no ZB_... folder. Drive F: isn't the default location for \Doc..and Sett..\.. to be. Is your doc & settings folder on drive F: ? If you are in the habit of changing the registry you are obviously jacked up on XP (or reloading XP is something that gives you joy)
    All my .JPG files are in C:\Program Files\Canon\CameraWindow\MyCameraFiles\SI_JPG and VI_JPG

Hope this helps.

Just seen a TROUBLESHOOT folder on the CD. Seems Windows Installer may not have worked for you.