Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

dropped my SD550!!

I've my Canon SD550 for 2 weeks and my friend already dropped it on the floor! The LCD is cracked and the lens won't retract. I've already asked several repair centers and everyone has told me it's better to just buy a new camera. Any suggestions if I can fix this on my own? I took it apart and noticed they use a sony 2.5" lcd inside.

If it's 2 weeks, seems like trying to return it would be worth a try.

would dell do a return?

i bought this from Dell. What do you all think my chances are if I ask them to exchange this?

Why would you even attempt that? You dropped it and broke it, this is not a warenttee return. You are much better off checking your home owners insurance or your CC policy.

-dave-

Quote Originally Posted by marv780
    i bought this from Dell. What do you all think my chances are if I ask them to exchange this?
    So slim I wouldn't bother

on a related note... what case is recommended for the sd550?

Quote Originally Posted by quam
    on a related note... what case is recommended for the sd550?
    Canon PSC-50 leather case is a perfect fit...can be had for as little as $9.99...

Quote Originally Posted by JTL
    Canon PSC-50 leather case is a perfect fit...can be had for as little as $9.99...
    Just remember to face the LCD of the camera AWAY from the button on the case or you could end up with a cracked LCD.

Quote Originally Posted by JTL
    I have sd 200...what case is recommended for it ...
    a hard case or a soft one

what do you think abt this case for the sd 200..just wanna get a different opinion

hard case 1
    hard case 2
    last pic

hay Marv.

Im very sorry about your loss whenever something like this happens to me, I think to myself, there is no point in loosing more than once by remebering and feeling bad about it.. So I let it go as quick as possible.

Maybe you can ask HP if they can do it cheaper this time regarding the misshap or hunt yourself a bargain and then get yourself a good wrist strap.

Take Care, its just money.