Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I Need A Simple Fast Camera No Zoom Cuz I Crop

I am looking for a digital camera
    I do not want a moving lense
    I do not want settings I can not turn off
    I want a standard lense that is permenantly set to what was considered a 70mm lense
    I want at least 4 plus maga pixals
    I want a fast shot to shot time
    I want a view finder
    I want to be able to strip it of all its pre sets and make it work just like a cheep piont and shoot 35mm camera
    I want a fill in flash setting
    I need this camera to be durible if it get bumped or falls to the ground

Quote Originally Posted by Timbermonkey
    I am looking for a digital camera
    I do not want a moving lense
    I do not want settings I can not turn off
    I want a standard lense that is permenantly set to what was considered a 70mm lense
    I want at least 4 plus maga pixals
    I want a fast shot to shot time
    I want a view finder
    I want to be able to strip it of all its pre sets and make it work just like a cheep piont and shoot 35mm camera
    I want a fill in flash setting
    I need this camera to be durible if it get bumped or falls to the ground
    Your big problem is going to be the 70mm lens, you aren't going to find it. Most/all cameras with a fixed lens are going to be in the 32-40mm lens range, since most people find a mild wide angle much more useful if they have no zoom.

Take a look at the Canon SD20, the Olympus D-435, and the Kodak C300.

Having zoom doesn't preclude you from cropping. Unless you have other reasons for avoiding a zoom lens, I think you should consider expanding your search to include cameras with zoom. You'll have many more options.

-dave-

If you're just looking for "no external moving parts" there are a lot of compacts which have internal zoom lenses, about 3x or so usually (something like 35-105).

Lenses

the reason I don't want to zoom is do to the coutless times I have stripped the gears that operate the zoom. I am not easy one cameras. I have broken the internal gears on 3 olympous cameras. it was cuz the slideing door that closes the lense would open when returning the camera to its case. the poor little camera would work tell the batteries would die trying to extend itself. and that is about a 135.00 repair. I tryed to put the cameras in ther cases upside down to avoid this from happening. but I would break the camera this way at least once a year. I use a camera everyday at work, to do field inspections and documentation of sewer line installation, so I am jumping in and out of trenches and getting covered in dirt all the time. I can not here the little gears fighting the case do to all the construction noises.

And regarding the lense power. it always seams I need to get closer to the objects. also regarding the flash, I am fighting shadows in treches.

This might seem like an odd suggestion, but how about a Panasonic FZ30? it has a 12X zoom lens which doesn't move - all the zooming is internal, so you shouldn't have problems with breaking gears or anything.

No External Zoom or Moving Lens

Balrog-

The new Fuji s-5200 also uses a fixed lens. It would also give the advantage of high ISO capability as well. It is also a lot smaller.

Sarah Joyce

my26cents Guest
    You might want to look at the PENTAX Optio WP or WPI. They are water/weather proof and the lens does not extend out. They should be able to take the bumps, dirt and water that are involved in your job.

Should look into the olympus 800 I belive is weather sealed. (plus has higher ISO capability) though not as good as the fuji.

Tim

get a disposable digital camera.
    The lens doesn't move.
    Most lenses have to move to focus or zoom.
    US Navy--Hooyah!

Nikon D700/D300|17-35 f/2.8, 24-70 f/2.8, Sigmalux, 80-200 f/2.8, 16 f/2.8 fisheye,

Lots of flashes and Honl gear.

Talking disposable?

Quote Originally Posted by TheObiJuan
    get a disposable digital camera.
    The lens doesn't move.
    Most lenses have to move to focus or zoom.
    I need to put photos with report. reports with deadlines normaly with only a day or two's notice.

the closest place to get a dosposable downloaded is about 20 miles away.

Thanks for the idea, I wish it was that easy

I need to take alot of photos every day