Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Using Photoshop for RAW files

I bought a Canon ESO 350D recently and have wanted to explore using RAW files. From what I have read, these files should open in Adobe Photoshop. I have version 5.5 of that program. But when I open a RAW file, all I get is a grey image with a horizontal bar across the middle. I can view the RAW image in Canon ZoomBrowzer, so it appears to contain the image of the picture I took. Does anyone know what's going on?

You will need a newer version of Photoshop like CS or CS2 (version 8 or 9).
    The nice thing about Canon DSLR's is that they have a very good RAW conversion program that comes with the camera. Other with other DSLR brands you have to pay an extra $100-$200 dollars for their RAW software.
    Exception is Pentax.

On the CD-ROMs you got with your 350D is a program called DPP. That is the RAW conversion software. On Canon's USA site you can download the latest version. (1.6x is on the CD i think, 2.06 or so is downloadable)
    Canon EOS 350D, Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 macro, Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 DC EX, Canon EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM, Tokina AT-X124 Pro 12-24mm F4, Soligor 1.7x C/D4 DG Teleconvertor, Manfrotto 724B tripod, Canon Powershot S30

Photoshop and RAW files

Thanks for your advice. I am using (trying to learn to use) DPP now.
    Snap

Sigma RAW procedure

Are there any differences using the Sigma (Foveon XF3) system?

Thanks.

Rawshooter

Try Rawshooter Essentials it's free! http://www.pixmantec.com/products/ra...ssentials.html