Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Hybrid View

When Hobbies meet

Now I don't expect this to be one of those long lasting threads at all - but may just scatter a little interest (or not).
    So there I was - I'd just taken a picture of our vine when I decided I'd get back to another Hobby - basicall anything to do with music ~ That's playing musical instrments (by ear), mixing sound, recording live, playing music on the Stereo, and it used to be compiling tapes - nowadays compiling CD's. Though my record player is great I like to sometimes transfer bit's of my vinyl onto CD for convenience.
    Here's where the Hobbies meet - I had just started recording from Record to CD and the Camera was siting here all rejected - so I took a couple of shots... (This deck is very hard to get a good shot of - other than set up in a studio).
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Geoff Chandler. UK/England/Surrey
    NIKON D90 / D80. Nikon 16 - 85 VR, Tamron 28-200,
    Sigma 70-300APO, Tokina 100 AT-X Pro D.
    SB600 flash. Panasonic DMC-TZ25

http://geof777.multiply.com

And here's the pickup close up...

Anyone else got any hobbies they can photograph....

I think, maybe, a higher angler would work better - here I tried to capture some movement. As I said - this item is a bit of a challenge to me.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Chandler
    Now I don't expect this to be one of those long lasting threads at all - but may just scatter a little interest (or not).
    So there I was - I'd just taken a picture of our vine when I decided I'd get back to another Hobby - basicall anything to do with music ~ That's playing musical instrments (by ear), mixing sound, recording live, playing music on the Stereo, and it used to be compiling tapes - nowadays compiling CD's. Though my record player is great I like to sometimes transfer bit's of my vinyl onto CD for convenience.
    Here's where the Hobbies meet - I had just started recording from Record to CD and the Camera was siting here all rejected - so I took a couple of shots... (This deck is very hard to get a good shot of - other than set up in a studio).
    Wow! What a monster, trying to place it. Looks like we share 2 hobbies, I love music whether listening to or playing 1 of 8 guitars. I don't get the old turntable out much anymore tho. Thanks for sharing this.
    Dennis

Canon 5D
    Canon 20D

Georgetown, KY Photographer
    Retouching

Cool! I thought my husband was the only one who still listened to RECORDS! His hobby is similar to yours... music, but just listening and collecting... no playing. He's also transferred most of his to CDs also. I'm also curious... what kind of turntable? My other hobby use to be gardening (not done much lately), but that definitely goes well with photography.
    My Camera: Minolta Maxxum 7D

Some of my pictures:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v357/gracie328/

Quote Originally Posted by gracie328
    Cool! I thought my husband was the only one who still listened to RECORDS! His hobby is similar to yours... music, but just listening and collecting... no playing. He's also transferred most of his to CDs also. I'm also curious... what kind of turntable? My other hobby use to be gardening (not done much lately), but that definitely goes well with photography.
    It's a Michell Gyrodec - an English make. Very high quality. When I got it the Gyrodec was the flagship model - there are now even higher up models now.
    It is a peice of engineering and, as a peice of hifi equipment, works very well.
    For more on it here's their website: - http://www.michell-engineering.co.uk/
    You'll have to work through to Turntables if you want to see.
    Incidentally - that pickup is worth as much as a decent camera...
    How does your husband transfer his? - many people do it directly via the computer - I have a CD recorder deck that I use, then if I want to make other copies I use the computer. If I am compiling I use a re-writable in case I make any mistakes.

D.Thompson - glad there are other people who love music out there. I'm not a guitar player, although I will twiddle sometimes. I play by ear these days - mostly Piano or Saxaphone. The Piano is digital (not so bad as it sounds) so I can record straight to CD.
    Well - I have wittered on enough now.
    My Son playes Sax and also Bass Guitar - he's now 13. This year we bought him a new Sax (better than mine!!)
    Here's a pic: -
    Last edited by Geoff Chandler; 10-05-2005 at 01:12 AM.