9 34.62%
  • kodak p850

2 7.69%
  • Other?

2 7.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Hybrid View

POLLLL for: fz5 h1 s2 P850

Hi, these are all in the same price range 12x cameras lets see how the poll comes out with. I already picked mine (just have to buy it ).

Unfortunately, because I bought an S2 (and did my research to justify my decision), I am a bit biased. The S2 was my choice (for my needs) above all the others.

I did not get a chance to review/research the P850 before my purchase, due to the fact that it wasn't out yet. But, I don't think my decision would have been different (only more difficult).

Exclamation

I voted for the P850, as I just recently went through this same decision and ended up with the Kodak. I'm sure either of these cameras will produce excellent pictures, I just liked the higher ISO options, hot shoe mount and specs of the P850. Best bet is to give them all a try at your local camera store and see which one *you* like best!

I voted for the FZ5, which i recently bought. For me it was down to either the S2 or the FZ5, and I haven't had any regrets about my purchase.

The FZ-5 is a very nice camera indeed.

Tim

FZ5 for me (just by a nose). S2 IS comes next.
    Why FZ5? Leica lens and traditional camera shape to me. S2 IS looks too funky for my taste. And I don't really care for swivel LCD (I use viewfinder) and neither care for video (I use camcorder).
    There are complaints re. FZ noise but to me, as amateur, it's not a problem.