Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Question How do you attach the Lens adapter and lenses?

Okay I am feeling maybe a little dumb...I guess I am looking for a picture or something of how to do it...I am a litte confused. I have read the other questions on the forum about what size 52mm or 58mm and where to get them etc.

But here goes nothing: okay if I wanted to bayonet my attachments do I need a lens adapter/hood set for each piece?

Where would I put the UV Filter or other filters how do they attach would be
    a better question? And do I need to have an adapter for the filters? I asked for clarification at the camera store and all the guy could tell me was an opinion:"Canon makes alot of accessories for their accessories and I find that excessive!"

I would like to get the 58mm close-up lens and the Tele Converter for the Canon Powershot S2 IS

Any help on this issue would be great!

Thanks Again

The adapter bayonets onto the camera. The filters/converters/whatever screw into the adapter. To see how the bayonet works, press the little tab on the camera body at the lower-left quadrant of your lens barrel, spin the circular section and it'll pop out.
    If you want to bayonet several accessories you'll have to get an adapter for each one. Of course, you could just get one adapter and screw/unscrew as needed, but that's slower. And it wears on the filter / adapter threads more.

Lightbulb Thanks

Okay I think I finally got the picture! thank you!