Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Question Casio EX-Z850-color question

I am looking into getting an EX-Z850 and was wondering what color features this camera has?? I know it says B/W and sepia and 8 colors and also B/W with some colors, I just wasn't clear on what all that means for features and for taking photos...
    Thank you for the help! : D

With my Casio Exilim EX-S500, the colours is bascially the same as b/w. Except you replace the black with red or blue lets say.
    ================================
    Gallery : DeviantArt

dSLR : SAMSUNG GX-1L
    dP&S : CASIO EXILIM EX-S500
    35mm SLR : PENTAX MZ-M w/ PENTAX FG Battery Grip

SIGMA 24-135mm f2.8-4.5 Aspherical IF (Pentax AF Mount)
    18-55/3.5-5.6, 35-70/3.5-4.8, 70-210/4-5.6, 80-200/4.5
    28/2.8, 50/2, 135/2.8, 135/3.5, 200/3.5, 300/5.6

Exclamation specific color question

Ok, I'm not understanding...
    What I'm looking for are other "colors" besides the traditional B&W and Sepia modes. I know that the Canons have a "My Colors" feature that you can swap and make other pics chrome and bring out like red, green, blue or yellow in certain parts of the picture. I was wondering if you can do anything similar with the Z850?

Thank You for your response and time : )

The frank answer to your question is "NO". The "My Colors" color accent and color swap feature set is unique to Canon. It really is a fun collection of features to have, even though you may not be using them often. Additionally, with the new round of recent Canon's there is an enhanced "My Colors" version that allows you to perform those conversions before as well as now AFTER the image is taken! This is good because you now have the option of taking a normal picture and then seeing right in the camera how the various conversions can or cannot enhance that image . . . without loosing the original image!

I had always been a Casio person but I'm sad to report that I have switched to recently purchasing the excusite Canon SD700. It has a great video mode without the serious video issues of the Z850. It also has "true OPTICAL image stabalization" where the lens elements actually compensate for your movement. Casio merely has what it calls an "anti-shake" feature which is little more than an ISO bump compensation . . . not a preferrable method. I also like the new enhanced "My Colors" feature set as you do.

Finally, the images from the Canon SD700 simply look better. I mean WAY better. No I'm really not Casio bashing folks. I have a few of their cameras and will continue to support the brand for sure. But between the Casio Z850and the Canon SD700, the Casio looses. The recent test images posted on this site reflects a lot of blown highlights and overall dull color images for the Casio Z850. Also, the "claim" of aperture and shutter priority for the Casio is a bit deceiving since Casio only gives you two (2) aperture choices. Giving you two (2) legally allows them to call it an aperture priority mode, but in reality this amounts to a shameful joke. Come on Casio . . . you can do better.

Thumbs up Thank You

Thank You so much for your response! : ) I have since decided on getting the Cannon S3 IS... It's quite on the expensive side right now, but I will probably get it towards the end of the year- I currently have a Sony T-33 and although it takes wonderful and beautiful-clear pictures, the creativity on it IS limited.. and I have seen by researching the Canon's that you can have more creativity in taking and editing pictures.

Thanks again for you input and help