Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Question Digital Camera Quesiton.

Ok. well I really don't know much about Digital Cameras, but I want to get one.

-I would like for it to be ultra compact... But still have good performance.

-Price wise I would have to see which cameras would be my options and try to find a place where i can get them a little cheaper than the Retail Price.

-I like the desing of the sony DSC-T7 or the DSC-M1. But i wouldn't know how well these camaras work.

-I would like for the camara to be able to shoot good quality pictures and videos. I just want to know which camera you guys would recommend. I think I am going to be taking a lot of pictures and videos with it, and i like for my memories to be as best as possible. I ride Motocross, which I think most people are familiar with, and well I am gonna be taking pretty much a lot of videos of me and my friends riding and well just take good quality videos. As long as the camara is worth it i can deal with the price, but not over 500 or anything like that.

Please help me with this questions, I am really needing a Digital Camera and well i was looking to buy a sony, panasonic, nikon, or cassio. Since those appear to be pretty much the ones at the top of the market. But i really don't know which one to get or if they are going to be making some new ones for 06. I would really appreciate you guys' help. thanx
    Last edited by Bano; 10-02-2005 at 08:50 PM.

Help....

Okay i just don't know how to put it to you guys or how to "ASK IN THE RIGHT WAY" but i just want a small digital camera that takes good videos and pictures at night and at day. with good resolution and features. price would be around 400. Just opinions on a good camera... how hard is it to give out opinions or help me out. thats what this forum's here for isn't it????

Quote Originally Posted by Bano
    Okay i just don't know how to put it to you guys or how to "ASK IN THE RIGHT WAY" but i just want a small digital camera that takes good videos and pictures at night and at day. with good resolution and features. price would be around 400. Just opinions on a good camera... how hard is it to give out opinions or help me out. thats what this forum's here for isn't it????
    Sorry Bano, sometimes people give a little thought to their answers here so we might be a little slower than other boards (where they don't think).

I suggest a trip to your local Ritz/Wolf store and check out what's available for $400. Also you can take a look here for Jeffs suggestions before you go to try them out:

http://www.dcresource.com/buyersguide/
    D7000, D70, CP990, CP900, FE.
    50mm f/1.8, Sigma 18-125, Sigma 24-70 f/2.8, Nikon 18-105 VR, Nikon 55-200 VR, Nikon 43-86 f/3.5 AiS, Vivitar 28-90 F/2.8-3.5 Macro, Vivitar 75-205 F/3.8-4.8, SB800.
    Ha! See, I can change...

http://d70fan.smugmug.com/

Since you have a lot of the same considerations I do ...

Because you are looking to use movie mode a lot and for fast action sports I would not consider the Panasonic DMC FX series as you can't use the zoom while filming. Otherwise, try using the buyer's guide. There are a lot of really similar cameras in the same range. That is why I am having trouble choosing. I am no expert but the motocross mixed with no zoom seemed like an obvious elimination to me!

Thumbs up Thanx....

Finally some answers!... LOL. Well those answers are really giving me thought too and i know i sound a little picky, but as i said, i just want the money that i am going to spend to be worth it. Those new sonys that are coming out seem to be pretty interesting, the M2 and the N1, but i wouldnt know when those are going to be available... maybe you experts do, and well just any other thoughts on which cameras to get, i like the brands sony, nikon, and panasonic. I like the physical outlook of the camera and they seem to have pretty cool features, like the new sony that will have touch screen and all... Please give me some advice on which cameras are good-looking, ultra compact, good pictures, good videos, and good price. Maybe some other brands have better cameras but i've just had the chance to go through those 3. So please help me up... thanx for the help... i really appreciate it