Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

KEH.com--any purchased from them?

I'm interested in purchasing a used lens for a Nikon D50. Has anybody bought a lens from KEH.com? They are a broker of used photography equipment and I would like to get feedback on them before I buy an expensive lens.

Formerly South Wales. Now South Carolina.
    Yes. I bought a Tamron 17-35 f2.8 and a Tamron 70-300 f4 from them a couple of days ago. Very pleasant people to deal with. They described the 17-35 as basic but optically and mechanically sound. I can't see any difference between it and my new 28-75 conditionwise. I ordered by phone and had my lenses within 3 days. They arrived by UPS, wrapped in bubble-wrap and packaged in large cardboard box amidst polysterine chips.

Highly recommended. I paid less for the two lenses than I would have paid buyin g the 17-35 from Ritz. Check resellerratings.com where they seem to score 9.5 out of 10.

Thanks for the information Rhys, I feel better buying from them now.

I too have purchased from them and they are absolutely wonderful to deal with. Unfortunately, I tried three different used, older lenses for my Maxxum 7D and none of them would work properly on the camera. I don't think they were bad lenses... just not up to par with the digital SLR. They were more than willing to take them back and even paid for the return S&H. One of the lenses I even kept just a while beyond their return period and they still took it back. After the third attempt, they just refunded all my money. I informed them that when the current 'new lenses' become the older 'used ones' (so I know they will work on my camera)... then I'll definitely do business with them again.

I know professionals that even buy their 'bargain' lenses and have been totally satisfied.
    My Camera: Minolta Maxxum 7D

Some of my pictures:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v357/gracie328/