Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 51 of 76 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Panoramas

Quote Originally Posted by Kushnirenko View Post
    Try to use PTGui with a blender SmartBlend. I think to clone will have much less
    Thanks for the tip! I'll give that program a shot . Btw, is this a freeware or commercialware program? I'm actually a Mac user and PhotoStitch isn't too bad since it came with my Powershot S2 IS.
    Nikon D700 | Nikon D90 | 14-24mm 2.8 | 24-70mm 2.8 | 35mm 1.8 | 50mm 1.4 | 85mm 1.4 | 105mm 2.8 Micro | 70-300mm VR | SB-800s | Tiffen UV Filter, ND and Polarizer set

"You see, Netherlands is this make-believe place where Peter Pan and Tinkerbell come from."
    Joey Tribbiani

Visit My Flickin' Flickr Shots | My Blog | My Porto-folio (requires Flash)

Quote Originally Posted by 500mL View Post
    Thanks for the tip! I'll give that program a shot . Btw, is this a freeware or commercialware program? I'm actually a Mac user and PhotoStitch isn't too bad since it came with my Powershot S2 IS.
    http://www.ptgui.com/download.html
    http://smartblend.panotools.info/
    The main lining in a computer - between the monitor and a chair
    My photo gallery in Flickr

Here's a quick stitch of the lakes around the town of Oakhurst [California] in the Sierra's. I was 'bout ~ 6000ish feet above sea level.

Enjoy.

Taken at Monterey Harbor in Monterey, CA. I used Photostitch to put 6 images together. Unfortunately, I had to do extra post processing because a couple of images were not aligned properly. I had to use the cloning stamp in Photoshop to patch up the clouds and some water waves. You can still notice where the seams are on two images. Too lazy to edit those noticeable spots LoL

Great shot. I know this area. For an out-of-stater, you did this shot justice. Right on Cannery Row across the street from the old Monterey Cannery.
    Last edited by sbnr; 03-27-2007 at 08:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sbnr View Post
    Here's a quick stitch of the lakes around the town of Oakhurst [California] in the Sierra's. I was 'bout ~ 6000ish feet above sea level. Enjoy.
    Very nice! My sister lives in Oakhurst (and works in Fresno) and I posted these about a month ago:

http://www.dcresource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29290
    http://www.dcresource.com/forums/sho...&postcount=232
    http://www.dcresource.com/forums/sho...&postcount=247
    Adam
    -------------
    Canon 60D & lenses & flashes & stuff
    A bunch of cheap vintage film cameras

My Etsy store

Your sister is lucky to live there. Plenty of great places to visit near-by.

Thanks for the comment on the pic.

Your pix look great. I can't wait to go back up there again next weekend.

California has the best vistas and we're lucky to be here.
    Last edited by sbnr; 03-27-2007 at 08:06 PM.

Great shot. I know this area. For an out-of-stater, you did this shot justice. Right on Cannery Row across the street from the old Monterey Cannery.
    Thanks! Yeah that's exactly where it is. The view was just amazing. I don't see that kind of view that much here in the Big Apple LoL.
    Nikon D700 | Nikon D90 | 14-24mm 2.8 | 24-70mm 2.8 | 35mm 1.8 | 50mm 1.4 | 85mm 1.4 | 105mm 2.8 Micro | 70-300mm VR | SB-800s | Tiffen UV Filter, ND and Polarizer set

"You see, Netherlands is this make-believe place where Peter Pan and Tinkerbell come from."
    Joey Tribbiani

Thanks! Yeah that's exactly where it is. The view was just amazing. I don't see that kind of view that much here in the Big Apple LoL.
    You could find shots to show off your city that many of us Californians may not have experience.

You don't have any shots you could share?

You could find shots to show off your city that many of us Californians may not have experience.

You don't have any shots you could share?
    Hi sbnr,

I have some shots of the city, but not panoramas. Maybe this weekend I'll be roaming around depending on the weather, I'll take some shots - panoramic shots, and I'll post em up

Joey Tribbiani

Six vertical shots stitched together. First attempt.
    Full image 9693 x 2491. The walls on either end are at a right angle to each other
    Last edited by hokeyguy; 04-09-2007 at 07:31 AM.
    Nikon D80 | SIGMA 18-50 f/2.8 EX Macro