Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 46 of 76 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: Panoramas

From waste bank

This set of shots I taken in 1978 year. Donetsk, Ukraine. Film camera "Lubitel-2"

View of this place in google map:

The main lining in a computer - between the monitor and a chair
    My photo gallery in Flickr

Garden "Karpovsky" 4x3 shots.
    Kharkiv, Ukraine. Fuji FinePix S9500. Jan, 7, 2007
    Attached Images Attached Images  

A couple of my own.
    Fairways and Blue Waters Golf course in Boracay, Philippines - 9 photos

A house completely decorated in Chrismas Lights in Manila, Philippines. - 7 photos
    Last edited by chrisl; 01-08-2007 at 01:29 PM.
    ChrisVLinton.com - my Glamour and non-sports site
    sportsNaction.com - my sports site
    My Gear list

Quote Originally Posted by zmikers View Post
    I posted this in the lights at night thread as well. Sorry for the double post. This is the view of the tallest building in the world from my living room and front balcony. Any comments or suggestions?
    I think the crop is great. You might want to try taking the shot just 1/2 hr or so after sundown, to get more colors, as in the night shot in this post: http://www.dcresource.com/forums/sho...ect#post184748

Try your hand at a stitched panorama. For me, it was exciting to be able to "zoom in" so far on a specific building, on-screen. Great work!
    Nikon D50, Nikkor 18-55mm, Nikkor 50mm 1.8, Sigma 70-300mm APO DG Macro, Tokina 12-24
    Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by toriaj View Post
    I think the crop is great. You might want to try taking the shot just 1/2 hr or so after sundown, to get more colors, as in the night shot in this post: http://www.dcresource.com/forums/sho...ect#post184748

Try your hand at a stitched panorama. For me, it was exciting to be able to "zoom in" so far on a specific building, on-screen. Great work!
    I really want to try a stitched panorama, but over here, really clear days only happen after a storm so I'm just patiently waiting for the next super clear day.

As for a 1/2 hour just after sundown, I'll give it a try but it will be more of a sunset shot with a black skyline as the view from my flat is facing due west, but that could make for a great panorama shot as well. Thank you so much for the tips Toriaj.

Everybody is so nice here, comments are great but I can take some bad stuff too. Come on, let me have it!!!!!!! Just don't make me cry

New-Year railway station "Jugny vokzal" 11 shots.
    Kharkiv, Ukraine. Fuji FinePix S9500. Jan, 9, 2007
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by zmikers View Post
    As for a 1/2 hour just after sundown, I'll give it a try but it will be more of a sunset shot with a black skyline as the view from my
    flat is facing due west, but that could make for a great panorama shot as well.
    FWIW, some of the most fun I've had is hiking/driving all around, finding new and better locations from which to take pictures of my subject.
    If I were shooting your subject, I would probably try to get into a tall building on the edge of the city, with windows overlooking it,
    and take the picture from there.

I drove way out past the town onto a hill, then hiked for 15 minutes through the snow next to the railroad tracks to get to this location.
    It was great! Another time, I might try to get further to the right in the frame to reduce the downward slant of the cliffs.

What do you think of this shot?
    Name:  GR Cliff 1 resize -.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  50.1 KB
    Nikon D50, Nikkor 18-55mm, Nikkor 50mm 1.8, Sigma 70-300mm APO DG Macro, Tokina 12-24
    Flickr

FWIW, some of the most fun I've had is hiking/driving all around, finding new and better locations from which to take pictures of my subject.
    If I were shooting your subject, I would probably try to get into a tall building on the edge of the city, with windows overlooking it,

I drove way out past the town onto a hill, then hiked for 15 minutes through the snow next to the railroad tracks to get to this location.
    It was great! Another time, I might try to get further to the right in the frame to reduce the downward slant of the cliffs.

LOL.......I know I know, just being extremely lazy! I will give it a try and post some results. Thanks for the tip, or should I say thanks for the push out my front door. Great shot by the way! Love the rolling hills. I really like how you compused it, less emphasis on the sky and more on the hills. Nice one. If you get it from another vantage point, post the results!
    Last edited by zmikers; 01-10-2007 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kushnirenko View Post
    New-Year railway station "Jugny vokzal" 11 shots.
    Kharkiv, Ukraine. Fuji FinePix S9500. Jan, 9, 2007
    Great panorama, Kushnirenko. The spheres you posted are really cool. Does PTGUI stitch it, or do you need special plugins to get results like that?
    Nikon D-50
    // Nikkor 70-300 f/4-5.6 VR // Nikkor 50 mm f/1.8
    // Sigma 17-70 f/2.8-4.5 ...// Nikon SB-600
    // Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6......// Nikon Series E 135 mm f/2.8
    // Kiron 105 f/2.8 Macro....// Manfrotto 190XPROB + 488RC4
    // Nikkor 35 f/1.8..........// Sigma 500 mm f/8

My website: http://www.dennisdolkens.nl

Toriaj, great panorama, its a lovely view and the colours come out great. Perhaps the result might have been better had there been more of a foreground in the picture, to add more depth to the result.
    Nikon D-50
    // Nikkor 70-300 f/4-5.6 VR // Nikkor 50 mm f/1.8
    // Sigma 17-70 f/2.8-4.5 ...// Nikon SB-600
    // Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6......// Nikon Series E 135 mm f/2.8
    // Kiron 105 f/2.8 Macro....// Manfrotto 190XPROB + 488RC4
    // Nikkor 35 f/1.8..........// Sigma 500 mm f/8

My website: http://www.dennisdolkens.nl