Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 29 of 76 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Panoramas

Nice panorama, Brian. Very good for a first one. The stitches are almost invisible, which is excellent. Especially when you consider that it has been taken indoors, where subjects are close to the lens and sitching is more difficult.
    Perhaps you can also try to take the pictures in portrait mode, so the panorama will cover a larger vertical range, that might make the result even better. I don't know if the software you use supports stitching portrait images, though.

Gabornicus, I think if you use different software for the sunset panorama, you might get rid of the curves in the horizon.
    Different skytones in panoramas is indeed anoying. Sometimes there is no way to fix it. Things you might try are fixing the sky tones before stitching (so you try to make the colour of the sky similar in each picture) or use different software. Still, this won't give you any garantees. It's a pity, really, because the panorama in itself is great!

Here's another panorama. I made this one yesterday. You can see my shadow on the left side of the picture. I should have been more careful in chosing my shooting position.

Quote Originally Posted by Prospero
    Gabornicus, I think if you use different software for the sunset panorama, you might get rid of the curves in the horizon.
    Different skytones in panoramas is indeed anoying. Sometimes there is no way to fix it. Things you might try are fixing the sky tones before stitching (so you try to make the colour of the sky similar in each picture) or use different software. Still, this won't give you any garantees. It's a pity, really, because the panorama in itself is great!
    Actually, I made the first panorama in PS. Didn't use any stitching software. Thanks anyway.
    Cameras: Nikon F80 // Nikon D80 // Panasonic FZ-5
    Lenses: Nikkor 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5D IF // Tokina 12-24mm f/4 AT-X Pro DX
    Accesories: SB600 // Vivitar 285HV // Sanyo Eneloops // Hoya/Tiffen UVs // 512Mb, 1Gb, 2Gb SDs // SimpleTech 160Gb External HD

flickr | deviantART

Here's another one I took in four shots just a couple of days ago. Alot of detail was lost during resize.

Prospero, How is yours so detailed. Is it because you were closer to your subject.

Please tell me what you think. Thanks Everybody.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by mumbles420; 03-18-2006 at 11:17 PM.
    Brian C. Racine

Canon 40D | 24-70mm f/2.8L | 50mm f/1.4 USM | 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM | BG-E2 Grip | 580EX II

Galen Rowell Graduated Neutral Density Filters

Street Bogdana Khmelnitskiy. 3 shots. Kharkiv, Ukraine. Fuji FinePix S9500. Mar, 18, 2006
    The main lining in a computer - between the monitor and a chair
    My photo gallery in Flickr

Brian, there are several reasons why my panorama is so detailed. One of them is indeed that I was close to the subject. Another reason was that I used the landscape mode of my camera, so that the camera choses a small apperture resulting in a sharper image and a high depth of field. Also, all images have been shot in RAW, and when converting it I set the sharpness to high.
    Your panorama looks great. It is well exposed. I like the shadows of the clouds on the hills.

Here's one I made in the dunes near The Hague.

Prospero, Did you have it in landscape mode on the camera and held your camera in portrait, or just held it normal? If that makes any sense. My camera has both landscape mode and RAW but can't shoot in both unfortunately.

Also Thank you so much for the kind words. I'm still Really new to photography let alone trying to take Panorama. I just think they are really cool looking though.

Here's one I took when I went snowboarding on Sunday. 3 Shots
    Brian C. Racine

Canon 40D | 24-70mm f/2.8L | 50mm f/1.4 USM | 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM | BG-E2 Grip | 580EX II

Galen Rowell Graduated Neutral Density Filters

I had my camera in landscape mode and I held it in the normal way.
    That I shot in RAW has nothing to do with this, this is only about the way in which the camera stores the images on the memory card.
    If your camera does not allow you to save images as a RAW file when it is in landscape mode you could also use Apperture Priority mode (which probably will allow you to shoot in RAW) and set a small apperture (high F-number) to create a high depth of field.
    Note that if you use RAW you will have to use special software to convert it to JPEG or TIFF, before you can do any stitching.
    Again a nice panorama, by the way !

Quote Originally Posted by mumbles420
    "Dude, What If You Could See In Macro Mode?"
    Dude! That's called being near sighted (myopia) Without my contacts I can focus down to around 3"
    Colt
    KM 7D & A200

Hmm sort of in-built macro eh. I'm just the opposite I have trouble getting good focus at 20" without my glasses. Unfortunately that's not in-built telephoto though

mumbles420 that was a nice panorama shot of the mountains keep posting.
    Around every picture there's a corner & round every corner there's a picture
    - the fun's in finding them

My camera on a table in cafe "Chashka" (Cup). 4 shots. Kharkiv, Ukraine. Fuji FinePix S9500. Mar, 28, 2006
    The main lining in a computer - between the monitor and a chair
    My photo gallery in Flickr