Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 28 of 76 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Panoramas

House - phantom.

Panorama similar to lenz "fish eye". 6 shots. Kharkiv, Ukraine. Fuji FinePix S9500. Feb, 25, 2006
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    The main lining in a computer - between the monitor and a chair
    My photo gallery in Flickr

On walk with the grandson Artem. 5 shots. Kharkiv, Ukraine. Fuji FinePix S9500. Mar, 04, 2006
    The main lining in a computer - between the monitor and a chair
    My photo gallery in Flickr

Great panorama's, Kushnirenko, both of them.
    Here's one I made in Ischgl (Austria) last week.

Plantation Bay, Cebu, Philippines

tiled panorama (4 shots)

Very nice set of panoramas, Meillana !

Here's another one I made in Ischgl, Austria.

I've got a question. What technique/software do you use to take these shots?

I mount my camera on a tripod move it around while taking the pictures and then either Autostitch or manually on Photoshop. I never get such good results as I've seen on this thread. Anything I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.
    Cameras: Nikon F80 // Nikon D80 // Panasonic FZ-5
    Lenses: Nikkor 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5D IF // Tokina 12-24mm f/4 AT-X Pro DX
    Accesories: SB600 // Vivitar 285HV // Sanyo Eneloops // Hoya/Tiffen UVs // 512Mb, 1Gb, 2Gb SDs // SimpleTech 160Gb External HD

flickr | deviantART

I use PTGui or Arcsoft Panorama maker to stitch my panoramas. Panorama Maker can stitch almost anything
    and is incredibely easy to use. PTGui, on the other hand, is more powerful and it gives you more control over
    the final result. It takes a bit more time to make a panorama with this program, though.

When shooting images it is not really necessary to use a tripod. The images don't need to be perfectly alligned,
    the stitching software will make sure of that. However, if you want to be sure that something in the bottom
    or top of one of your images is on the panorama, the use of a tripod is recommended. The images used for the
    panorama should have plenty of overlap and furthermore it is recommendable to keep the exposure settings
    the same in each image - this will make the blending easier and the result more natural.

A panorama of the river Rotte, 20 minutes (by bike) from where I live:

Quote Originally Posted by Prospero
    I use PTGui or Arcsoft Panorama maker to stitch my panoramas. Panorama Maker can stitch almost anything
    and is incredibely easy to use. PTGui, on the other hand, is more powerful and it gives you more control over
    the final result. It takes a bit more time to make a panorama with this program, though.

When shooting images it is not really necessary to use a tripod. The images don't need to be perfectly alligned,
    the stitching software will make sure of that. However, if you want to be sure that something in the bottom
    or top of one of your images is on the panorama, the use of a tripod is recommended. The images used for the
    panorama should have plenty of overlap and furthermore it is recommendable to keep the exposure settings
    the same in each image - this will make the blending easier and the result more natural.
    Thanks, I'll try your suggestions when I get my camera back. I used to overlap my pictures,
    but just barely. I'll use more overlap from now on.

This is the first panoramic I ever shot. As you can see, I used Aperture Priority and Photoshop
    and the different tones in the sky gave my a headache:

The original shot:

And this is something I got with Autostich :

Note that the shore and the horizon are not straight.
    Last edited by GabOrcinus; 03-14-2006 at 08:49 AM.
    Cameras: Nikon F80 // Nikon D80 // Panasonic FZ-5
    Lenses: Nikkor 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5D IF // Tokina 12-24mm f/4 AT-X Pro DX
    Accesories: SB600 // Vivitar 285HV // Sanyo Eneloops // Hoya/Tiffen UVs // 512Mb, 1Gb, 2Gb SDs // SimpleTech 160Gb External HD

flickr | deviantART

My first ever Panorama in my apartment. Let me know what you think. Thanks. Brian
    Brian C. Racine

Canon 40D | 24-70mm f/2.8L | 50mm f/1.4 USM | 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM | BG-E2 Grip | 580EX II

Galen Rowell Graduated Neutral Density Filters