Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 73 of 76 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 ... LastLast

Thread: Panoramas

I'm download program Hugin and was played with it.
    Below 2 panoramas. They are stitched by Hugin and PTGui.
    Try to define what panorama what program have stitched.

Panorama 1
    Name:  2011_1030_144726-IMG_4597 Panorama-e.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  838.0 KB

Panorama 2
    Name:  2011_1030_144726-IMG_4597-2011_1030_144732-IMG_4600-c.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  678.6 KB
    The main lining in a computer - between the monitor and a chair
    My photo gallery in Flickr

I have no idea which program did which photo!

In the first photo the platform is nice and level but has problems with the joins - a small one top left corner behind the platform and a large one starting on the train going through a persons head up to the top of the photo.

The second photo has the platform at an angle and it is smaller in height - this also shows up that the first photo is stretched in height as the leaves in the forground look more realistic on the bottom photo.

I think the bottom panorama is better but again it would a guess which software generated which panorama.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    In the first photo the platform is nice and level but has problems with the joins - a small one top left corner behind the platform and a large one starting on the train going through a persons head up to the top of the photo.
    Both panoramas have stitch errors. Shooting from hands, chamber displacement therefore is inevitable. Stitch defects weren't corrected, i.e. panoramas "as are".

Stitching looks better in the second, but the contrast is nicer in the first. It is certainly easier to correct contrast than poor stitching.

I would have thought you could remove the curvature from the panorama with the two pieces of software you tried as well.

Kushnirenko: Can you give us the originals of the train so that we can play with them too? I'd like to play with CS5. If you don't want to post them could you PM me and I'll give you my e-mail address if that's okay with you.

danwiz

Quote Originally Posted by danwiz View Post
    Kushnirenko: Can you give us the originals of the train so that we can play with them too? I'd like to play with CS5. If you don't want to post them could you PM me and I'll give you my e-mail address if that's okay with you.

danwiz
    It is interesting.
    I have upload a photos here: http://kushnirenko.com/panorama/ (RAW & jpg)
    I am afraid that in "forehead" hardly it will turn out.
    Shoots taken by a lens "Sigma 10 mm f 2.8 EX DC FishEye HSM"

I am new (today) to this website and forum and was very happy to come across the discussion, tips, and lovely panoramic photos. We used to have a mechanical (crank-style!) panorama camera that worked well but it no longer works. We do not have adobe photoshop so I was looking for a camera that creates panoramic images. If anyone is still following this tread and knows of a suitable camera, please let me know. These photos were awesome. Panoramic landscape photos are able to commicate a "vastness" of the world that transcends the ordinary (which can also be extraordinary1). Thank you for any input.

Quote Originally Posted by Taters View Post
    I am new (today) to this website and forum and was very happy to come across the discussion, tips, and lovely panoramic photos. We used to have a mechanical (crank-style!) panorama camera that worked well but it no longer works. We do not have adobe photoshop so I was looking for a camera that creates panoramic images. If anyone is still following this tread and knows of a suitable camera, please let me know. These photos were awesome. Panoramic landscape photos are able to commicate a "vastness" of the world that transcends the ordinary (which can also be extraordinary1). Thank you for any input.
    Welcome, Taters
    I think, it is necessary to begin with the theory:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panoramic_photography

Taters,

Have you looked at Sony's sweep panorama function? It is the digital equivalent of those older rotating panorama cameras.