NIKON D90 / D80. Nikon 16 - 85 VR, Tamron 28-200,
    Sigma 70-300APO, Tokina 100 AT-X Pro D.
    SB600 flash. Panasonic DMC-TZ25

http://geof777.multiply.com

... and is more. Kharkiv, Ukraine. Fuji FinePix S9500. Feb, 17, 2006
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    The main lining in a computer - between the monitor and a chair
    My photo gallery in Flickr

Amazing Panorama, Geoff. It's nice to see you posting a panorama again. It's been a while since anybody but me and Kushnirenko has posted a panorama here.

Here's another of my panoramas, this one also shows Vernazza, like one of the first panoramas I've posted. Only this time from a completely different angle.

Thanks Prospero = it's appreciated, I am no longer a regular
    Geoff Chandler. UK/England/Surrey
    NIKON D90 / D80. Nikon 16 - 85 VR, Tamron 28-200,
    Sigma 70-300APO, Tokina 100 AT-X Pro D.
    SB600 flash. Panasonic DMC-TZ25

http://geof777.multiply.com

Nice shots everyone! A question though, are these shot with a special lens or are these created with several shots PSed together?
    *edit* reading the rest of the thread, question answered. Interesting topic.
    Last edited by P_Schneider; 02-17-2006 at 05:35 PM.
    Paul
    Fuji S6000fd - R.I.P.
    Fuji HS20 EXR - Current

Quote Originally Posted by P_Schneider
    Nice shots everyone! A question though, are these shot with a special lens or are these created with several shots PSed together?
    *edit* reading the rest of the thread, question answered. Interesting topic.
    Like you have read all shots have been stitched together using software, for instance Arcsoft Panorama Maker or Ptgui.

However, there are also other ways to create panoramas. I don't think this has been mentioned before in this thread, but if you use a Fisheye lens you can create 360 x 360 degrees panoramas (both 360 degrees horizontally and vertically) using just a few of these Fisheye shots (the exact amount depends on the lens). This is the way in which many professionals create panoramas. You still need software, though, to do the stitching. I believe Panoweaver is a program that can stitch such images.

I have never tried this strategy, because I don't have a fish-eye lens. So I don't know if the result will be any good when you use consumer lenses and software.

EDIT: Today I read Jeff's review of the Kodak EasyShare V570. I read that this camera can stitch the images together automatically. I don't think it can beat panoramas stitched with software, though.
    Last edited by Prospero; 02-18-2006 at 06:37 AM.

Well some of the pano's here are very impressive. I really enjoyed reading through the thread last night and it gave me some great ideas. I can't wait to give this a try. Thanks everyone!
    Prospero, thanks for the heads up on the lens but I too do not have a fisheye lens so it looks like it's stitching the normal way for me.
    Paul
    Fuji S6000fd - R.I.P.
    Fuji HS20 EXR - Current

Quote Originally Posted by P_Schneider
    Well some of the pano's here are very impressive. I really enjoyed reading through the thread last night and it gave me some great ideas. I can't wait to give this a try. Thanks everyone!
    Prospero, thanks for the heads up on the lens but I too do not have a fisheye lens so it looks like it's stitching the normal way for me.
    Yes, you should give it a try . I would love to see the result here. If there are any problems you come across when making the panorama I would be glad to help out.

Here's another one. I this one two years ago in Italy:

Yes more great panos guys well done. I especially like the misty one Geoff. I've been trying to get some misty shots for a while but the opportunity never seems to arrise - perhaps I just don't get up early enough
    Anyway nice to see your input however often you drop in.
    Around every picture there's a corner & round every corner there's a picture
    - the fun's in finding them

I agree, Phill. Opportunities for misty panoramas are rare...
    I had a great opportunity once in San Marino; we were in a castle and the weather was so bad that everything arround the castle was covered in a thick layer of fog. Unfortunatly, I took the shots in a hurry and the trees were moving too fast because of the wind, resulting in the panorama being unstitchable....

So I haven't made any misty panoramas yet. I do have one that comes close though. It's a really cloudy one: