Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 24 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Thread: Panoramas

You can only be on the same picture twice...

Thanks kate and amdhappy . I'll try to make some more in a month or two.

Here you can see one of the interesting side effects of panoramic photography. Sometimes the same persons will be on your picture twice . I have a more extreme example with one man you can see four or five times on a wide panoramic shot. I don't think you'll see it clearly if I resize that one, though. This panorama contains four shots in two rows and have been stitched using the rectilinear (flat) projection of PTGui.

Quote Originally Posted by Prospero
    Here you can see one of the interesting side effects of panoramic photography. Sometimes the same persons will be on your picture twice .
    Same effect you can see at http://www.dcresource.com/forums/sho...&postcount=230
    (Man in red)
    P.S. Left column in you panoram is a break! Try to use control points in a line mode.
    Last edited by Kushnirenko; 01-18-2006 at 06:16 AM.
    The main lining in a computer - between the monitor and a chair
    My photo gallery in Flickr

Thanks for pointing that out, Kushnirenko . I had not even noticed it yet, while I even had it printed .

I'm aware that using lines will sometimes give better results, but in this case that was not the problem. I simply did not have enough control points. I made this one after I came back from a week in Rome along with about five other panos like this one, and after a while I became fed up with choosing control points. This caused me to become a little careless, resulting in that mistake you noted.

Anyway, I fixed the problem now. I have replaced the picture with the new one.

EDIT: Hmm... Now I've found another mistake in the right column . I'll fix that one some other day.
    Last edited by Prospero; 01-18-2006 at 08:48 AM.

Here is another panorama. It's kind of a lucky one, though. I wanted to take a picture inside the cathedral in Pisa and I couldn't really see what was on the display. The first picture I aimed a lot too high in my opinion, so the second one I aimed lower. I kept both pictures. Now, about five months later, I was looking at my photographs and thought: why not try and stitch those two . I am pleased with the result.

Again, you blow me away! I will try and do the same thing in Canterbury Cathederal in the coming weeks, if you don't mind me trying out your ideas?

w.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/amdhappy/
    Comments always welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by amdhappy
    Again, you blow me away! I will try and do the same thing in Canterbury Cathederal in the coming weeks, if you don't mind me trying out your ideas?

w.
    Of course I don't mind. I would really love to see the result !!

And here is another panorama. It is made up of three shots. On the left you see the outskirts of Moneglia, on the right one of the many vineyards of the region, and in the center you can see the Mediteranean Sea.

"Gosprom". 8 shots. Kharkiv, Ukraine. Fuji FinePix S9500. Jan, 21, 2006
    Features:
    It is taken off on automatic exposute, i.e. the shots had a various exposition and differed on brightness.
    It is stitch together by the program PTGui with Blend using Smartblend plugin.
    Thus it was possible to increase a dynamic range!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Kushnirenko; 01-25-2006 at 03:39 AM.

Opera and ballet theatre. 3 shots. Kharkiv, Ukraine. Fuji FinePix S9500. Jan, 25, 2006
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Here's an interesting panorama. I shot this one in Rome. If you look from the left to the right you can see the rise of the roman empire (Look at it the other way around and it will show its subsequent downfall ).

Thanks for the tip on the Smartblend plugin, Kushnirenko. I'll look into that the coming week.
    Last edited by Prospero; 01-25-2006 at 12:25 PM.