Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

T3 as a replacement to a T1?

I have a T1, that I have loved for the last 9 months, since it was brand new out, but now the T3 is available. Has anybody owned both to tell me whether it is worth upgrading. I am the kind of person who loves something new, and fortunately, the T1's resell value is not much short of the T3 new!

Thanks in advance,

ShMeE

The innards are the same, so to speak, on the T3. The only difference is the lack of a slider cover protecting the lens, resulting in a thinner camera. I kinda like the slider cover and the way it both protects the camera and turns it on and off.

If you are looking for slightly better photos at a higher resolution, but still want an ultracompact, take a look at Sony's new 7 megapixel P150, which dpreview just raved about.

Turns out the T3 comes with a tripod mount and a slightly higher pixel count in the LCD. Don't know if both cameras use the Sony Real Imaging Processor or not.

The new T3 is also a little bit smaller and weighs less. I am sure there are other benefits to the T3 since it has been a full year since the t1 was anounced.

It's a moot point now if you are in the States as the T3 is no longer headed to our shores.

all you have to do is look around and you can find one on the internet. I just used amazon's search engine and found it.

oh you can find them on the net alright, but usually at a premium to ship to the US. That said, B&H Photo seems to have T11's in stock for the same price as the T1.

The T11 is now gone from BH's site and I don't see the T3 being offered by any US retailer online.

http://www.shopcartusa.com/compare.a...dsct3&ppcid=32

Just like I said... go to amazon.com and put dsc t3 and you will get a link to this site

I ordered mine from https://www.d-compute.com and they have it coming with ground shipping. unfortunetly they are not going to have them instock till the 25
    Last edited by vorgusa; 10-20-2004 at 04:23 PM.

So how are you liking the T3 vorgusa? Did you get a Sony USA warranty with that?