Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Unhappy why I got this bad picture at night

Hi every one,
    please help me. what this circles in my pictures.
    I have olympus 770 and a new one stylus 800, but I got the same problem at night.

I attached a sample picture:

My guess is that you need to clean your lens. I sometimes get a similar look when my lens starts to get a bit dirty.

Erik

Quote Originally Posted by deaa
    Hi every one,
    I have olympus 770 and a new one stylus 800, but I got the same problem at night.
    Believe it or not, this is not uncommon in flash pictures taken in smokey/dusty environments at night. The flash reflects off of microscopic dust/smoke particulates and creates those little white blurs. If your lens isn't dirty, it's almost sure to be dust in the air.
    "...and only the stump, or fishy part of him remained."
    Green Gables: A Contemplative Companion to Fujino Township

As stated above, that is indeed the flash bouncing off dust particles in the air. Very common! Some people claim unknowingly claim them to be "ghostly orbs'

thank all of you,

but what the best solution? to clean my lens?

thank all of you,

but what the best solution? to clean my lens?
    No, if it's dust in the air, there probably is no solution, except to avoid using flash at night in such environments

It happened to me one, too, at an outdoor concert where people were dancing around on dusty sand. The pictures with flash were just not usable because of the white ghosties.

It appears there is some moisture on your lens, like some drizzle, and your flash is not powerful enough. Try boosting it by setting to +1 or 2 if feasible.
    US Navy--Hooyah!

Nikon D700/D300|17-35 f/2.8, 24-70 f/2.8, Sigmalux, 80-200 f/2.8, 16 f/2.8 fisheye,

Lots of flashes and Honl gear.

Quote Originally Posted by TheObiJuan
    It appears there is some moisture on your lens, like some drizzle, and your flash is not powerful enough. Try boosting it by setting to +1 or 2 if feasible.
    I still think it's dust in the air. I've got one just like it; it isn't on the lens:

The first image reminds me of what I saw through the viewfinder and in my images when I was on a cruise ship. The moisture in the air would cause exactly what is seen in the first image. The large and small circles. Your image looks like dust since it can be seen in the foreground and the background, not just on the lens.
    US Navy--Hooyah!

Nikon D700/D300|17-35 f/2.8, 24-70 f/2.8, Sigmalux, 80-200 f/2.8, 16 f/2.8 fisheye,

Lots of flashes and Honl gear.

Red face Turn OFF the flash...

Hi every one,

As others have said, the dust in the air reflects back the flash. Moreover, the flash lights the scene in a way to make it unattractive. If you're interested in capturing the scene as you saw it in that light, I suggest setting up your camera on a tripod or stable surface and using a slow shutter speed to capture the WHOLE scene.
    Let a be your umbrella!