Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Thread: Filters

Question Filters

I Have a Panasonic Lumix FZ 20 digital camera, can I use any type of polarizing filter on it. I understand there are 2 types , circular and linear , is one best suited to my camera.

Re: Filters

Im not positive about your camera, but in general auto focus cameras need a circular polarizer.

Robert is right. I have FZ20 and the salesman gave me a circular filter and mentioned something about cameras with auto-focus; etc.
    I am now curious if you use only manual focus will you be able to use Linear?

thanks for the info,I've also done a little more research and further info can be found :- http://www.mat.uc.pt/~rps/photos/filters_uv_pol/#polq2

Thanks for the link, It will help me out

Having not read the link posted earlier, I do know that you CAN use a linear polarizer with the FZ20 (and other FZ cameras). In fact, it has been stated that the linear polarizers work better. I can't state that from first hand knowledge as I have a circular myself.

However, on my old camera, I did get much better control with a linear polarizer than I now get with the circular polarizer. I believe that a linear polarizer will give you finer control and more range over the effects of a polarizer.

Erik