Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 24 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
    It was part of an event in Leuven called "Leuven in scene".
    Patrice Warrener, an artist who uses light as paint and buildings as canvasses, projected the colors on the city hall for 3 evenings, a technique he calls "Chromolithe". It was an unique view.
    More pictures can be found on Google or Flickr.com.
    Sony DSC-T9
    My album @ Flickr

Okay. That is beautiful, a very unique art-form!
    Nikon D50, Nikkor 18-55mm, Nikkor 50mm 1.8, Sigma 70-300mm APO DG Macro, Tokina 12-24
    Flickr

Two from my office window, Tokyo

A couple from my office window in Tokyo, cloudy this afternoon:

Unknown office high-rise:

Tokyo Tower

Olympus C-755, ISO 50
    "...and only the stump, or fishy part of him remained."
    Green Gables: A Contemplative Companion to Fujino Township

Thumbs up Cloudy but nice

Nice shots Norm they have a very cold & clinical feel about them. I've only visited Japan once for a week but really enjoyed myself. I stayed in Kobe for work but did manage to get to Kyoto for a short visit. It was summer & very colourful as most of your other shots have shown. One of the many things I will always remember was the attention to detail particularly in the gardens. I had never seen sand sculptures before some of which were just amaizing and I couldn't believe it when I saw gardeners in one of the parks actually trimming individual leaves off the trees with small scissors to make the displays perfect. Wow, I've even begun to doubt my memory now! & didn't have a camera at the time to record it - yes an amaizing place I must come back on holiday to look round more. Keep posting your pictures.
    Around every picture there's a corner & round every corner there's a picture
    - the fun's in finding them

Quote Originally Posted by Phill D
    Nice shots Norm they have a very cold & clinical feel about them.
    Thanks, Phill, I agree. Japanese aren't big on building color, and much of Tokyo looks like scenes out of Blade Runner. These photos were especially difficult due to the flat lighting from the clouds. I did what I could with USM and exposure/contrast/saturation, etc., but they remain pretty "cold" looking.

I've only visited Japan once for a week but really enjoyed myself. I stayed in Kobe for work but did manage to get to Kyoto for a short visit. It was summer & very colourful as most of your other shots have shown. One of the many things I will always remember was the attention to detail particularly in the gardens. I had never seen sand sculptures before some of which were just amaizing and I couldn't believe it when I saw gardeners in one of the parks actually trimming individual leaves off the trees with small scissors to make the displays perfect.
    Ah yes, the Zen of gardening Kyoto is a lovely city, it used to be much nicer until they built that monstrosity of a station building. I've got to get back down that way myself.
    "...and only the stump, or fishy part of him remained."
    Green Gables: A Contemplative Companion to Fujino Township

A part of the Sint-Pieters church.

Sony DSC-T9
    My album @ Flickr

Academy of home movie theater.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Sony DSC-T9 & Sony DSLR-A100 (Kit)
    Sorry to my english...

This couldn't be anywhere else in the world. It is the Place du Tertre, with the Basilica de Sacre Coeur, Paris, in the background. It's a very touristy spot, with musicians and artists trying to make a living off the passing tourist trade.
    Nikon D70s user

New building

Kharkiv, Ukraine. Fuji FinePix S9500. Jun, 26, 2006
    The main lining in a computer - between the monitor and a chair
    My photo gallery in Flickr

The Atomium is one of the European capitals' most famous buildings. This extraordinary structure was designed for the Universal Exhibition in Brussels in 1958 and renovated in 2006.

Sony DSC-T9
    My album @ Flickr