Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising
 
 
 
   
Page 1 of 91 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 902
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Dorset, UK
    Posts
    279

    Interesting buildings

    Here are some pictures of Harnham Mill in Salisbury......Please feel free to comment.......

    first a bit about the subject.....



    Various Views....





    Val

    Canon EOS 20D
    Canon F2.8 100mm Macro, Canon F4 100-400 IS, Sigma 50-500mm, Sigma 70-300mm, Canon 18-55mm, Canon F2.8 50mm
    Canon S2 IS



    My Photo Album

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Dorset, UK
    Posts
    279




    Last edited by val123; 09-06-2005 at 12:05 AM.
    Val

    Canon EOS 20D
    Canon F2.8 100mm Macro, Canon F4 100-400 IS, Sigma 50-500mm, Sigma 70-300mm, Canon 18-55mm, Canon F2.8 50mm
    Canon S2 IS



    My Photo Album

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Dorset, UK
    Posts
    279



    Finally ........Salisbury Cathedral taken from Harnham across the meadows..

    Last edited by val123; 09-06-2005 at 06:45 AM.
    Val

    Canon EOS 20D
    Canon F2.8 100mm Macro, Canon F4 100-400 IS, Sigma 50-500mm, Sigma 70-300mm, Canon 18-55mm, Canon F2.8 50mm
    Canon S2 IS



    My Photo Album

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    2,364
    What a great place, where buildings are actually old. Here in the news it is reported that old/historic homes were destroyed. They were from the late 1800's. I bet some of their paint was still wet.

    My point is that this country lacks a long history, in texas and new mexico there are remnants that date back 500 years, and not to criticize the loss in the gulf states.
    US Navy--Hooyah!

    Nikon D700/D300|17-35 f/2.8, 24-70 f/2.8, Sigmalux, 80-200 f/2.8, 16 f/2.8 fisheye,

    Lots of flashes and Honl gear.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Killinchy, Northern Ireland, UK
    Posts
    367

    In Northern Ireland, most of the ruins are new...

    Not as true as it was a few years ago.

    I'm sure I have lots of things I could put on here. In the emantime here's another on an ecclesiastical theme. The old monastic site on Devenish Island, County Fermanagh.

    Not as well preserved as Salisbury Cathedral (love to go back there some time - your pictures brought back some good memories...) but pretty elderly. The really old church (foreground) dates from about 850, or thereabouts. The round tower was built after the threat from our Danish cousins (Vikings) had gone, around 1250.

    I know, I know... I should have stood a few feet to the left and not had the gravestone directly in front of the tower.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Nikon D70s user

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Dorset, UK
    Posts
    279

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Kennedy
    Not as true as it was a few years ago.

    I'm sure I have lots of things I could put on here. In the emantime here's another on an ecclesiastical theme. The old monastic site on Devenish Island, County Fermanagh.

    Not as well preserved as Salisbury Cathedral (love to go back there some time - your pictures brought back some good memories...) but pretty elderly. The really old church (foreground) dates from about 850, or thereabouts. The round tower was built after the threat from our Danish cousins (Vikings) had gone, around 1250.

    I know, I know... I should have stood a few feet to the left and not had the gravestone directly in front of the tower.
    Nice one Glen..........I quite like the gravestone in the front

    I think this could make for an great thread, and remember buildings dont necessarily have to be old to be interesting.
    Val

    Canon EOS 20D
    Canon F2.8 100mm Macro, Canon F4 100-400 IS, Sigma 50-500mm, Sigma 70-300mm, Canon 18-55mm, Canon F2.8 50mm
    Canon S2 IS



    My Photo Album

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Monterey Bay
    Posts
    6,017
    Quote Originally Posted by TheObiJuan
    What a great place, where buildings are actually old. Here in the news it is reported that old/historic homes were destroyed. They were from the late 1800's. I bet some of their paint was still wet.

    My point is that this country lacks a long history, in texas and new mexico there are remnants that date back 500 years, and not to criticize the loss in the gulf states.
    Depends on whose North American history you are looking at... The ancestors of the Pueblo's might disagree.

    One of the many trips that I have yet to take is to visit the Anasazi ruins at Canyon De Chelly, here in Arizona. These buildings date back to the 11th century.

    More info here:

    http://www.americansouthwest.net/ari...nsclose_l.html
    D7000, D70, CP990, CP900, FE.
    50mm f/1.8, Sigma 18-125, Sigma 24-70 f/2.8, Nikon 18-105 VR, Nikon 55-200 VR, Nikon 43-86 f/3.5 AiS, Vivitar 28-90 F/2.8-3.5 Macro, Vivitar 75-205 F/3.8-4.8, SB800.
    Ha! See, I can change...


    http://d70fan.smugmug.com/

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    2,364
    Quote Originally Posted by George Riehm
    Depends on whose North American history you are looking at... The ancestors of the Pueblo's might disagree.

    One of the many trips that I have yet to take is to visit the Anasazi ruins at Canyon De Chelly, here in Arizona. These buildings date back to the 11th century.

    More info here:

    http://www.americansouthwest.net/ari...nsclose_l.html
    Ruins are one thing, but free standing buildings are another.
    I am aware of the Anasazi and their architecture George. It's neat, but not still liveable or in use.
    US Navy--Hooyah!

    Nikon D700/D300|17-35 f/2.8, 24-70 f/2.8, Sigmalux, 80-200 f/2.8, 16 f/2.8 fisheye,

    Lots of flashes and Honl gear.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Killinchy, Northern Ireland, UK
    Posts
    367

    In Valparasio, Chile

    This thread has gone a bit cold - which is a pity... so here is a new contribution. It is a new office - built insode the facade of an older (1930s block). It's in the dock area in what was once a bustling port - now a bit neglected - since the opening of the Panama Canal. A bit past its glory days, ther eis still a quanint charm about the place - which I'll come back to some other time.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Nikon D70s user

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Surrey, England
    Posts
    3,210
    I live right close to Croydon, Surrey England ( in Wallington) and there are several interesting buildings in and around. - I will try to make sure I snap some in the very near future.
    Meanwhile - this is the building I work in : -
    (C-740 last year)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Geoff Chandler; 09-16-2005 at 10:20 PM.
    Geoff Chandler. UK/England/Surrey
    NIKON D90 / D80. Nikon 16 - 85 VR, Tamron 28-200,
    Sigma 70-300APO, Tokina 100 AT-X Pro D.
    SB600 flash. Panasonic DMC-TZ25

    http://geof777.multiply.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •