Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 80 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
    Nice light Phil. I prefer the second one. A little too much perspective distortion in the first for my taste.

Thanks kgosden I agree with you on the perspective distortion. I took loads of shots but they all looked like this or worse, I couldn't get any further away and the ground fell away the further back I went so my viewpoint dropped. I guess I ought to do a little straightening in PP. The second one could do with a little tweak too.
    Around every picture there's a corner & round every corner there's a picture
    - the fun's in finding them

Reculver

Wasn't sure whether to post this in sunsets-opted for here in the end.

This was taken a couple of weeks back at sunset. Reculver is a place on the north kent coast,a bit grim in many ways,though it has a big caravan site for the summer.No beach to speak of.

This shows the remains of twin towers from its local church dating back to the 12th century-its just ruins behind it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Canon 60D,
    Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4.0 DC Macro OS HSM,
    Canon 18-55 f3.5-5.6 IS,
    Canon Speedlite 270EX

Panasonic Lumix DMC GF3,
    Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6

JPW if you hadn't said where that was taken I'd have thought it was somewhere in the middle east. I guess it's the sunset colours that do that. Nice shot, it looks quite a lonely place.

I would have said the middle east as well Phill.

A local landmark:

Anthony very curious, what & where is that shot?

Its the "Schlumberger Cambridge Research Center ". I think if you put this into the Google maps adddress box you should get the location: 52.21213,0.081743

I thought when it was put up it was only supposed to have a life of 15 years and that must now be over 25 years ago. You can see it at night when driving up the M11.

This thread jogged my memory of a building I noticed in Paris - I know nothing about it and found it by accident. I managed to find the photos:

Last edited by Anthony; 11-18-2010 at 02:28 PM.

That's really unusual. Looks like a difficult exposure too, nice one. I found the location of the other one on google too thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by JPW2020 View Post
    Wasn't sure whether to post this in sunsets-opted for here in the end.

This was taken a couple of weeks back at sunset. Reculver is a place on the north kent coast,a bit grim in many ways,though it has a big caravan site for the summer.No beach to speak of.

This shows the remains of twin towers from its local church dating back to the 12th century-its just ruins behind it.
    Thanks Phill-it is indeed a lonely place to my mind and yet it has this caravan site just out of shot on the right of picture.I certainly wouldn't choose to holiday there but its very photogenic at the end of the day!

Canon 60D,
    Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4.0 DC Macro OS HSM,
    Canon 18-55 f3.5-5.6 IS,
    Canon Speedlite 270EX

Panasonic Lumix DMC GF3,
    Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6