Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 51 of 91 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by domenic View Post
    Sorry bout that,
    Try this one, think the image file size is too large to add to a post.

Try this

Dom
    Love that sky!!!
    Spectacular view - yes it is a building - so why not?
    I would personally try to align the building - it looks like it's going to fall off
    I leave the grid lines on with my camera - but some people prefer to be creative and so neither way is'correct'
    Here's how I would prefer to do it: -
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Geoff Chandler. UK/England/Surrey
    NIKON D90 / D80. Nikon 16 - 85 VR, Tamron 28-200,
    Sigma 70-300APO, Tokina 100 AT-X Pro D.
    SB600 flash. Panasonic DMC-TZ25

http://geof777.multiply.com

Hmm - got that wrong! - try this...

couple of new pix to compliment this thread.

Gintaras, I really like the textured surfaces of the interior of your first picture.
    rickalm2000, Still Standing, is beautiful, great light and love the B&W for that shot.
    Domenic, I also really liked the "summit terrace of the Agguille du Midi, Mont Blanc Massif, France", definitely an interesting building and love the blue sky too!

Below three photos of the Sydney skyline, at different zoom magnification, the first two were taken about an hour before sunset, it was heavily overcast, about ten minutes before a heavy thunderstorm, so light was very dull, but I really liked the clouds and sky colour, and the terraced luxury apartment/hotel buildings facing Hyde Park are sort of interesting...
    9.7mm (in a range of 6.3mm wide to 63.3mm telephoto):
    Name:  0802260027.JPG
Views: 176
Size:  82.1 KB

6.3mm:
    Name:  0802260028-1.JPG
Views: 174
Size:  86.1 KB

World Square in fine weather at 63.3mm:
    Name:  0802240021.JPG
Views: 172
Size:  80.8 KB

cheers,

Benjamin

Awesome buildings everyone!

St. Pete. Pier

Well I haven't really taken any pictures lately so I thought I'd post something older. I took this in Germany this past summer. It's not HDR, though it probably would be if I knew what HDR was when I took it. The original isn't that great, so I did a significant amount editing to make it a little better. Taken with the S3.
    Lukas

Camera: Anonymous
    I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by TheWengler View Post
    Well I haven't really taken any pictures lately so I thought I'd post something older. I took this in Germany this past summer. It's not HDR, though it probably would be if I knew what HDR was when I took it. The original isn't that great, so I did a significant amount editing to make it a little better. Taken with the S3.
    This shot looks really great - it would be very interesting to see the orig to see just what you have done with it. I think it's perfectly OK to work on your photos - it's all part of your own creation and interpretation after all.
    Meanwhile - this is a wonderfull composition - and the final product looks just great

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Chandler View Post
    This shot looks really great - it would be very interesting to see the orig to see just what you have done with it. I think it's perfectly OK to work on your photos - it's all part of your own creation and interpretation after all.
    Meanwhile - this is a wonderfull composition - and the final product looks just great
    I agree, Lukas. A very nice shot. It really does look like a well-done HDR. What all did you do in PP?
    Adam
    -------------
    Canon 60D & lenses & flashes & stuff
    A bunch of cheap vintage film cameras

My Etsy store

Thanks guys. I don't usually do this much pp but I really wanted to get something I liked out of this image. Basically, I started by by copying the background layer. Then I edited the two layers separately (one for the foreground and the other for the sky), levels, saturation, etc. Then I inserted a blank layer under the top layer and linked (not sure if this is the right term, I used Ctrl G) the two. Then painted onto the blank layer where I wanted the changes from the linked layer to appear. I know that sounds confusing, sorry. I finished up with a soft focus effect. Flattened the image, then created a duplicate layer. Applied some Gaussian blur and lowered the opacity. I think that's about it. Here's what I started with.
    Last edited by TheWengler; 03-05-2008 at 09:11 PM.
    Lukas

Camera: Anonymous
    I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

Flickr

It's a great shot, Lukas. The edited version is over-the-top for my taste, but I know lots of people enjoy that look so I have respect for it. I prefer the sky in the original, and the green grass is a little radioactive but it really is a good shot.
    Nikon D50, Nikkor 18-55mm, Nikkor 50mm 1.8, Sigma 70-300mm APO DG Macro, Tokina 12-24
    Flickr