Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 46 of 90 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWengler View Post
    JPRATT, it looks like you have a dirty sensor.
    I try to keep cleaning it but the dust wont come off. Might try one of those rocket blowers first. Or I'll Have to put it in the shop and get it cleaned. The blower and every thing I've tried is just not working for me.
    Last edited by JPRATT; 10-31-2007 at 04:04 PM.
    [FONT="Georgia"]PENTEX K100D

http://www.flickr.com/photos/15227543@N00/

Proof that Pentax is capable of great images. http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/ho...=0&language=EN
    [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by JPRATT View Post
    I try to keep cleaning it but the dust wont come off. Might try one of those rocket blowers first. Or I'll Have to put it in the shop and get it cleaned. The blower and every thing I've tried is just not working for me.
    Are you sure it's that?

If the dust is on the pentaprism (the inside of the viewfinder) there's no way it can show up in the picture. If the mirror slaps upward before taking the picture, this thing is not in way of the path from the lens to the sensor. To me the spots in your picture look like normal sensor dust.

(perhaps I am understanding your post wrongly and you do no not mean that part)

Anyway, there can be dust on the mirror or the pentaprism as well. You should beable to remove it with a rocket blower (or a microfibre cloth, if you can reach it).
    Nikon D-50
    // Nikkor 70-300 f/4-5.6 VR // Nikkor 50 mm f/1.8
    // Sigma 17-70 f/2.8-4.5 ...// Nikon SB-600
    // Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6......// Nikon Series E 135 mm f/2.8
    // Kiron 105 f/2.8 Macro....// Manfrotto 190XPROB + 488RC4
    // Nikkor 35 f/1.8..........// Sigma 500 mm f/8

My website: http://www.dennisdolkens.nl

What about small spots on the outside of the lens coating? I noticed small spots like that and they disappeared after I wipped off the lens spots which got on the lens before I stuck on the skylight filter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
    What about small spots on the outside of the lens coating? I noticed small spots like that and they disappeared after I wipped off the lens spots which got on the lens before I stuck on the skylight filter.
    Spots on the lens can also show up in the picture, also those on the back element and even dust inside the lens. I haven't seen it happen yet in any of my pictures, while I shoot with dirty glass most of the time (I am too lazy to clean it ).

I think it is more likely to occur with point and shoot cameras and when shooting at small aperture values and a wide focal length. In each of these cases, the Depth of Field is big, which means that dust on the lens can come within the area which is in focus, and hence it may show up.

On the other hand, if I shoot with my 50 f/1.8 I can hold a finger in front without it blocking the view (you will only see a darker region). Thus, here dust (being a lot smaller) would not be visible.

By the way, I really like your last HDR. Having the moon in the shot like that definitly makes it a winner.
    Nikon D-50
    // Nikkor 70-300 f/4-5.6 VR // Nikkor 50 mm f/1.8
    // Sigma 17-70 f/2.8-4.5 ...// Nikon SB-600
    // Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6......// Nikon Series E 135 mm f/2.8
    // Kiron 105 f/2.8 Macro....// Manfrotto 190XPROB + 488RC4
    // Nikkor 35 f/1.8..........// Sigma 500 mm f/8

My website: http://www.dennisdolkens.nl

Thats a good call Prospero. It seems to me I was shooting small aperture and wide focal length when the spots showed up. Thats when I noticed the spots on the lens coating. After I cleaned it up all was ok.

Cool buildings everyone...!!!

Here is one from me.
    Canon EOS 1000D with 18-55 EF-S IS
    Canon PowerShot A95

My Flickr Photos

Aldor, nice colors, i wonder if you have more of the place?

Kardinal, your shot left me impressed. Sometimes a photographer makes otherwise dull building look so interesting. Great work, using B&W was an excellent idea.

Thank you Ginteras.
    Canon EOS 1000D with 18-55 EF-S IS
    Canon PowerShot A95

My Flickr Photos

first post.

First post in this forum, hope this turns out..
    This was taken a few months back in Niagara Falls, Ont.
    Its definitly not one of my best pictures, But I thought the building was pretty cool looking.

It hasnt been altered in any way.
    I am sure it can use some photoshopping to touch it up a bit. BUT.. I'm not 100% familiar with it.. if anyone wants to do it and post it back up.. be my guest. haha.. I can send the original file if you like.

Judging by the color of the car the picture isnt bad overall. There isnt much to 'fix' in it with photoshop.